Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

ADAM DUNN GAMER W/Auto Please i need your opinions before i spend my money.

Ok i just won a Adam Dunn Game used bat that was also autographed. I never expected to win it as i placed a $130 high bid on it. I did win it though and i would like peoples opinions before i spend my money on it. Please look at the autograpgh on the bat. Here is the link.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=007

And then please take a look at a MLB authenticated gamer with a auto that is on ebat right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ADAM-DUNN-GAME-U...ayphotohosting

and here is a picture of it in case you dont want to click the link. Again i want to stress that i am NOT trying to say the seller is fraudgulent. Sometimes someone can have a fake auto and not even know it. so im asking you guys cause everyone here is the best. The auto kinda looks like someone copied the sognature right off the side of the bat or something. So if anybobe has any thought i could really used it before i spend all my lawn mowing money here. Thanks again,

Dan

Re: ADAM DUNN GAMER W/Auto Please i need your opinions before i spend my money.

opps i forgot to copt and past the image of the MLB authenticated bat. I also wanted to note that i know alot of dealers dont want to tell how they aquired there bat and also had the bat signed by the player,but some do. This seller wont tell me how he got it or how it got autoed just tells me his feedback should speak for itsself......thats it. heres the image of the MLB bat to compair to the one im about to buy

If you already won the auction, I would say you already spent the money. Not trying to get on a soapbox, just saying it's a little late to start researching the assignment after you've turned in the paper.

first of all. i think that is pretty obvious. Why is it every single time i post on this forum with good intentions just trying to find out some information i always get people being smart with me. i mean seriously. The guy said if i dont like my bat i can return it no questions ask. So yes i have won the the auction, but is it your business about my payments and what not. Please just dont respond if you just have something obvious to say. So because i won the auction already. I just take the bat and set it on my rack and dont research it at all.. yeah thats what ill do. Must be cause i have a Junior Member sign under my name or something or cause im not some well known memorbilia collector why i always get some type of attutude no matter what i say. Either way, if anyone has anything to say about the bats, and my questions on them. Since i respect a certiannumber of people on here and trust there opinions it would be nice to here from those people. Thanks

I'm not trying to give attitude. And my response has nothing to do with the fact that you are a "junior member". For all I know you're 95 years old and a professional bat maker. I just wonder if you have all of these questions about the bat, why did you bid $130 on it? That's all. I have bought and sold on eBay for a long time so that is the question that came to mind. Like I said, I don't know you from baby Buddha, so I'm certainly not trying to imply that you're an idiot.

As for the signature on the bat, I can't say it's fake, but I do agree that it looks like somebody took their time trying to copy the sig on the bat. Just my opinion.

If the sig turns out to be no good , it is real easy to remove silver or gold ink .

Use some Virgin Olive Oil with a soft rag and a No. 2 Pencil Eraser .

I assume the bat is good , the sig is suspect after seeing the ESM sig .

ESM did have a signing with the guy ......

I don't follow Dunn stuff , but compare the sig to other examples, then draw your own conclusion .....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    If you already won the auction, I would say you already spent the money. Not trying to get on a soapbox, just saying it's a little late to start researching the assignment after you've turned in the paper.

That has to be one of the top 5 replies I have ever read. Kudos Dan!

As for the sig, I think its bad but I'm not an expert on Dunn by any means. Just looks too perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by greengrizzle View Post
    first of all. i think that is pretty obvious. Why is it every single time i post on this forum with good intentions just trying to find out some information i always get people being smart with me. i mean seriously. The guy said if i dont like my bat i can return it no questions ask. So yes i have won the the auction, but is it your business about my payments and what not. Please just dont respond if you just have something obvious to say. So because i won the auction already. I just take the bat and set it on my rack and dont research it at all.. yeah thats what ill do. Must be cause i have a Junior Member sign under my name or something or cause im not some well known memorbilia collector why i always get some type of attutude no matter what i say. Either way, if anyone has anything to say about the bats, and my questions on them. Since i respect a certiannumber of people on here and trust there opinions it would be nice to here from those people. Thanks
    Dude, could you be any more rude? Enjoy your fake signature. Maybe next time you should do your own homework before you commit instead of having those select few you respect bail you out after you've already won the auction and insult those who respond to your post in a way you don't find beneficial. Oh and by the way there is a reason you suprisingly won an ESM auction with a curiously low bid.

Banned

The autograph looks bad. The person used a paint marker and took there time signing the bat and that's why the lines look fat. But if the bat is real it's a steal because you can always scrub the sig off. also if you won the item you should pay for it you had enough days before the auction ended from the date you placed your bid. I'm just speaking as a seller and hate when someone doesn't pay for an item.

Guys -

This seller has been visited before on GUU.

Mikita Sports has guys like Ryan Braun under contract..

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...=mikita+sports
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]