Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Broken bats and glue

I wouldnt fix it a bit.

Display the 2 pieces close together with that photo. The photo says it all.

just my .02

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I wouldnt fix it a bit.

Display the 2 pieces close together with that photo. The photo says it all.

just my .02

Jim

I agree 110%. I recently got an Emil Brown broken bat which was photomatched. The team had taped it together but I actually took the tape off and displayed it in 2 pieces. I love the way it looks with it broken in 2

Thanks for the information. I am letting my son display it in his room so why not let him decide? I will probably have the bat repair guy take a look at it if we want to go that route.

Sounds like it is just a matter of preference. It doesn't hurt the value, it is just how you want to display it.

Thanks again.

Roger

I have a Miguel Cabrera bat with awsome use, but it's in two pieces. I had the same problem with the tape/zip tie/etc. I put one tiny glue dot just to hold them together, so they'd display better. I felt tape would detract from the display, but if I had a photo match like that, I'd probably leave them in pieces... That's an awsome action photo that tells the story

Of course, do what you want, but in my opinion its a waste of an awesome photo match --- And thats an awesome photo by the way --- to repair that bat. If you repair the bat, I think it makes that photo match less intriguing. I think you could make an awesome display using that photo and the two pieces. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy.

And could be a great talking piece"s" (sorry for the pun), especially if maple gets banned or restricted in meetings next week or further down the road. Thats a proto-type bat break to the whole discussion of re-evaluating the role of maple bats in MLB.

I think its awesome as is.

what would be awesome would be to mount the parts in the exact same position that they are in the photo.

Thanks for all your responses. I think I will keep it broken, now the trick is going to be how to mount them. I might make a smaller version of the jersey cases I have, put some black felt or velvet in the background and then get the pieces in. Does anyone have any opinions about where I could buy or what I could use to hold the pieces in place prior to mounting up on the wall?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Roger