Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wife & I went to our first Washington National Game Saturday Night

Wife & I went to our first Washington National Game Saturday Night

Great ballpark. Easy access in and out via the metro. Had a great time. Unfortunately, Texas won 13-3
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Wife & I went to our first Washington National Game Saturday Night

I was there too and we need to have a system to contact each other to meet up when members go on road trips!!!

You probably picked the best game in terms of weather. Mid 70's with a big crowd.

Unfortunately the home team didn't win!

Did you see me on the scoreboard, I won the Jon Rauch Opening Day Game Used Cap. Jon was the winning pitcher in the 1st game in Nationals Park so that was my highlight!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I was there too and we need to have a system to contact each other to meet up when members go on road trips!!!

You probably picked the best game in terms of weather. Mid 70's with a big crowd.

Unfortunately the home team didn't win!

Did you see me on the scoreboard, I won the Jon Rauch Opening Day Game Used Cap. Jon was the winning pitcher in the 1st game in Nationals Park so that was my highlight!

I sure did! Pretty awesome!

Beautiful ballpark! The weather was great. Started raining in the 8th inning, but just light rain.

I was amazed how easy it was to get in and out using the metro. Definately the way to go to the game vice parking lot.

Looking forward to going to more games. Wife and I go to Baltimore each year for games. It's nice to have another team to go see.

I do know some in the forum who livein DC, MD, and VA. Would be pretty cool to all meet up for a game sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

I do know some in the forum who livein DC, MD, and VA. Would be pretty cool to all meet up for a game sometime.
    I did an early season Sunday "meet & greet" for GUF members that I knew were in the area and it was a lot of fun so I definitely want to do it again.

Email me so I can put you on the mailing list and anyone else who is interested please let me know. I will try to do it on a Mets game!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Cool pictures. I'm out in DC/Baltimore next week on vacation and had too decide on what game I could make. Wanted to hit National new place next Sunday, but the Baltimore work better next Monday. Of the two parks what one do you guys like better? Do they sell game used in in Baltimore and is Babe Ruth Museum worth going to? It looks like it's walking distance from Camden Yards.

if in baltimore go to the sports legend at camden yards it is a part of camdenyards you cant miss it it is an old rail road station .the babe ruth museum is about two block away all you have to do is follow the baseballs on the sidewalk.sports legends is the best,inside is also the team store of the ravens

Very Little Game Used in Baltimore.Go to the Orioles Store in the Warehouse.Babe Ruth is right around the Corner from the Stadium behind Pickles Pub.Its worth going to but won't take long at all to walk around.Go to Legends Sports in front of the Stadium also you will like that Place.Its sort of a Mini Hall of Fame.Have Fun while in Baltimore.

Geoff

here is the link for both babe ruth and sports legends
    http://www.baberuthmuseum.com/
    you can see all the exhibits they have up

I am down for meeting everyone in either DC or Baltimore for a game.

Sorry u Nationals fan that new stadium was a huge let down for me! It seemed very basic and boring. Good thing it is small as I have already gotten tickets on ebay for less than face value for decent teams it makes me sad for you guys. The fact I am a Braves fan I have been twice already both times the Nats won and I was pimped out in Braves gear and not one Nationals fan said nothing to me, that is unheard of guys! Any stadium I have been to if the visiting team loses even if they are 20 games ahead in standings of the home team people will give them crap about their team losing. Not at the Nationals Park!

Its been my goal to knock off some parks on the list. So far of the ones I have visited here is my favs

1. Turner Field, Atl (Thats a given! haha)
    2. PNC Park Pittsburgh, very pretty park the city in the background is awesome.
    3. Citizen Bank Field Philly, I love all the bricks makes me smile
    4. Camden Yards, Baltimore
    5. Progressive Field (Jacobs Field) Cleveland Ohio,
    6. Nats Park

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing22784 View Post
    I am down for meeting everyone in either DC or Baltimore for a game.

Sorry u Nationals fan that new stadium was a huge let down for me! It seemed very basic and boring.
    It doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" that other new ballparks have, but it's still a pretty nice ballpark.