Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Ebay topic!

Well I guess I know why ebay made user IDs private because people got harrassed by people they outbid or they did it so people couldnt try and sell simliar items outside of ebay to the 2nd to high bidder but I hate it!

Has anyone noticed a trend in the names they use for the hidden names?

my ebay name is brianb9 but they tend to use r***r as my hidden name.

The reason why I post this is because I am in this hobby for fun and we all have our collecting nitches and what we like but I also feel I have made some friends on this board and if its an item I can do with out I try to not outbid someone on this board who may really want the item.

For example:

John Flarretty bat was on ebay recently and dude who collects him won it and is very proud of it. Sorry guy I forgot ur name on here! I knew that there was a member on this board who collects him so I did not bid and jack up the price on him, or win it.

So if anyone else is willing to show there ebay sancationed blocked out name to let others know I am down for it.

mine is r***r

Re: Another Ebay topic!

Wow, thanks a lot for NOT bidding against me !

I appreciate it ! I was wondering why no one else placed any bids !

My eBay ID and of course my GUU ID is camarokids ....

Under the hidden ID program , I show up as c***o ....

Thanks again for not bidding ......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing22784 View Post
    For example:

John Flarretty bat was on ebay recently and dude who collects him won it and is very proud of it. Sorry guy I forgot ur name on here! I knew that there was a member on this board who collects him so I did not bid and jack up the price on him, or win it.

So if anyone else is willing to show there ebay sancationed blocked out name to let others know I am down for it.

mine is r***r
    It might help if everyone else knows what I am referring to ....

I am very happy to win the Flaherty bat , I can't wait to get it , the seller says he will ship this Thursday....

I will post pics then ....

Thanks again !
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Banned

camaro same goes for me I was going to bid on it as I also had an interest but I figured you were gonna start bidding on this so I left it alone

I think it great to hear people like this. I've done this with a few people, in the past, as well.

The one that I still recall, however, is when I posted a link to a Steve Trout jersey. Some might know that I focus on 3 guys (Laettner, Kunkel, and Trout). I was unfamiliar with the softball style jerseys that the Sox wore in the late 70's. I was asking for advice from those that know these jerseys. What I got, in return, was someone going in a purchasing it rather than answering my questions. Therefore, I can't recall ever asking about a specific item, again.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

I'm pretty sure it just takes 2 letters/numbers from your ID randomly and sticks them on each end of ***
    I doubt it's going to be the same each time. JOE4 might be O***4 today and E***J tomorrow.
    That's my assumption, anyway.

Something that frustrates me with this change, it use to be easy to see when someone was shill bidding, especially with 0 feedback and just opened an ebay account. So obvious.

Now, you can tell and/or report it. I think ebay really hurt themselves in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Something that frustrates me with this change, it use to be easy to see when someone was shill bidding, especially with 0 feedback and just opened an ebay account. So obvious.

Now, you can tell and/or report it. I think ebay really hurt themselves in this area.
    Now, you CAN'T tell and/or report it.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    camaro same goes for me I was going to bid on it as I also had an interest but I figured you were gonna start bidding on this so I left it alone

Thanks a lot to you as well Suave1477 !

I think you are a Yanks collector , do own any Yankees stuff of Flaherty's?

It would be cool to see pics , or if have any duplicates to sell PLMK
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a Yankee Flaherty game LS bat available. It has no ball marks, but lots of rack streaks. Its for sale or trade. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
    Mark
    mdube16@bellsouth.net