Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Sid Luckman jersey auction

[quote=trsent;96291]

I was simply stating the facts - that Lou Lampson has made it clear that there was a number change on the jersey.

quote]

Lampson is a loser and how can what you HEAR be a fact?

Again..have you seen the jersey?...Examined it under a light table?

I have also heard there was a big foot discovery

Banned

[quote=lund6771;96304]
    Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post

I was simply stating the facts - that Lou Lampson has made it clear that there was a number change on the jersey.

quote]

Lampson is a loser and how can what you HEAR be a fact?

Again..have you seen the jersey?...Examined it under a light table?

I have also heard there was a big foot discovery
    Sir, please make this a mature discussion or do not comment.

I have asked about a number change in this thread which appears to exist and was not mentioned in the eBay listing. You say Lou Lampson is a loser, I say he knows more about vintage football jerseys than most anyone else in the world, so if he said it, I assume it true.

When you wish to have a reasonable discussion, please post again, otherwise, please do not call names and make arguments that are not mature and adult.

No, I never got to see the jersey listed on eBay because I was deprived of being able to buy it due to what appears to be a sale of an eBay item off eBay which is against eBay rules.

Banned

I am confused what everyone is getting so crazy about over this discussion. I receive emails from a few people and posts on here that are really insane.

I joined this discussion stating that I heard there was a number change on this jersey, one listed and ended without a buyer on eBay, and now I am told that I am trying to sabotage an auction that doesn't even exist. Someone even posted on here that I am costing them money, though I have no clue what that statement meant.

I didn't accuse American Memorabilia of not disclosing any alterations to this jersey, I have no clue who has the jersey but the guy who listed it on eBay. I am not on speaking terms with American Memorabilia these days, after personal issues with how they handled my past consignments I decided it best not to deal with them anymore. Not a big deal, they appear to have a fine auction house. I just found others that I like better.

Finally, the first post I made I stated that this jersey appears to be a legitimate Sid Luckman jersey - I never once stated that the jersey is not legitimate.

I wish people would stop assuming anything expect for the questions I posted.

TRSENT,

I was being facetious. I meant, who ever emailed you and said you were discrediting the jersey, they must have a interest in it and thought it was costing them money by raising the issue. I have no interest in the jersey or interest in buying it. IT WAS A JOKE!

Roger

Quote.....trsent
    "I do not care who owns the jersey, the original auction on eBay was ended early. I believe eBay has a policy against ending a listing early and selling an item elsewhere, but who cares about that issue?"

"No, I never got to see the jersey listed on eBay because I was deprived of being able to buy it due to what appears to be a sale of an eBay item off eBay which is against eBay rules."

Joel, please don't even pretend to go to bat for ebay and it's rules and policies. Believe me, you will be a one-man cheerleading squad in that regard and you'll be doing serious damage to my image of you as one of the more stand-up guys on the forum.
    Regarding the ending of the auction, we ALL encouraged that seller to take his item elsewhere in order to liquidate it as ebay was simply not an appropriate outlet for an item of such historical significance. Not to mention the seller would benefit greatly from the increased exposure to the high rollers in this hobby via a higher profile auction scenario.
    That is the reason the ebay auction was and should have been ended early.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    TRSENT,

I was being facetious. I meant, who ever emailed you and said you were discrediting the jersey, they must have a interest in it and thought it was costing them money by raising the issue. I have no interest in the jersey or interest in buying it. IT WAS A JOKE!

Roger

Oh, a joke. I do not know how to take a joke. (That is a joke)

Thanks Roger, now I understand. I thought you owned the jersey or something odd like that.

Banned

"He said if he had such a jersey to consign to an auction house, American Memorabilia would be his first choice since they get the most money for game used vintage football jerseys."

Being as AMI doesn't pay their consignors within ANY reasonable timeframe, I hope the owner of this jersey can afford to wait up to 6+ months for payment, or received some written guarantee of prompt payment from AMI, within 30 days from auction end, before turning the jersey over to them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Quote.....trsent
    "I do not care who owns the jersey, the original auction on eBay was ended early. I believe eBay has a policy against ending a listing early and selling an item elsewhere, but who cares about that issue?"

"No, I never got to see the jersey listed on eBay because I was deprived of being able to buy it due to what appears to be a sale of an eBay item off eBay which is against eBay rules."

Joel, please don't even pretend to go to bat for ebay and it's rules and policies. Believe me, you will be a one-man cheerleading squad in that regard and you'll be doing serious damage to my image of you as one of the more stand-up guys on the forum.
    Regarding the ending of the auction, we ALL encouraged that seller to take his item elsewhere in order to liquidate it as ebay was simply not an appropriate outlet for an item of such historical significance. Not to mention the seller would benefit greatly from the increased exposure to the high rollers in this hobby via a higher profile auction scenario.
    That is the reason the ebay auction was and should have been ended early.
    My only issue is people telling me to wait for the new owner to list the jersey for sale - What new owner? The jersey was not sold on eBay as it was ended early and I never got a chance to bid in a fair listing. I am told to wait for AMI or whoever has possession of the jersey - My comments are all based on an eBay listing - I did not say AMI or the next consignor of this item was hiding anything - I was just stating facts I heard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    "He said if he had such a jersey to consign to an auction house, American Memorabilia would be his first choice since they get the most money for game used vintage football jerseys."

Being as AMI doesn't pay their consignors within ANY reasonable timeframe, I hope the owner of this jersey can afford to wait up to 6+ months for payment, or received some written guarantee of prompt payment from AMI, within 30 days from auction end, before turning the jersey over to them.
    I wanted to say something like what you stated, but I didn't have the guts but this link will help your cause:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/56713...an+Memorabilia

Has anyone on this site ever seen the jersey?? It was that the national in chicago and I did take a look at it. I thought it looked liked way to clean to be game worn. I did not notice anything on it, except for the paint. Sleeves/elbows, shoulders were as clean as the day the shirt was produced. I was going to take pictures but It in a glass case and there was way to much reflections from the lights. Anyone else get a look at it let us know... hope that helps it anyone is interested. Mike