Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Sid Luckman jersey auction

Could a jersey like this be worth over 20k? With freaking paint specs on it?
    Those paint specs add character...and value.

Think Lewinsky dress.

java - I am beyond amazed that you had this item hanging in your closet and had no idea about its value! You are a lucky, lucky man. Things like that are near impossible to find.

Congrats!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by javabob's quote from the original eBay listing
    There are a few white specs on the*jersey and my*Dad asked Sid what that was from.* "I painted in it," said Luckman.

Luckman is also jewish and jewish collectors pony up big $$$ for vintage jerseys. I'd relist with 'jewish' and 'chicago bears' somewhere in the title listing.

Interesting shots of this rare and valuable jersey being worn by an American Memorabilia model on page 116 and 117 of their catalog

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/catalogs/catalog.pdf
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Interesting shots of this rare and valuable jersey being worn by an American Memorabilia model on page 116 and 117 of their catalog

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/catalogs/catalog.pdf
    Well, since Kieta also is the Editor of the catalog it does explain why she lacks the time to et checks out to consignors.

The table of contents refers to Brett "Fabre".

How long until we see Lampson authenticate a jersey with a FABRE nameplate? It happened already with Willie MCGINIST and Troy POLOMALU.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Man oh man, to some, it may have lost some value due to the fact the blondie is displaying the jersey. I didnt care to see it. The girl, ok, I did. But not her wearing the jersey. That was a bit of a shock to see that they even let her put it on.

If i was the consigner i would not be happy with any of this. And i would bet that american memorabilia lost him money.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Man oh man, to some, it may have lost some value due to the fact the blondie is displaying the jersey. I didnt care to see it. The girl, ok, I did. But not her wearing the jersey. That was a bit of a shock to see that they even let her put it on.
    I don't have a problem with it, BUT I have to admitt I'd prefer to see her without it on. Without any jersey that is!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes: