Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Sid Luckman jersey auction

And it's from an Ohio State fan....I hereby vow to hate Ohio State with every ounce of my being from here into the indefinite future!

Oh wait, I already do. And I live in central Ohio!
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Hello Javabob123,

You are 1 very lucky person having a jersey like that 1.

I know its hard to resist when every1 and auction houses too are offering $$$ for the jersey.
    I look at it this way, why let some1 else have the pleasure of having it in their private collection, where it will only be viewd by their family, friends and any1 that swing by their place.

Your Jersey is Truly a piece of History.
    Its should be in the Hall Of Fame, so every1 could view it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NFLJerseyCollector View Post
    Hello Javabob123,

You are 1 very lucky person having a jersey like that 1.

I know its hard to resist when every1 and auction houses too are offering $$$ for the jersey.
    I look at it this way, why let some1 else have the pleasure of having it in their private collection, where it will only be viewd by their family, friends and any1 that swing by their place.

Your Jersey is Truly a piece of History.
    Its should be in the Hall Of Fame, so every1 could view it.
    From the pic earlier in this thread it looks like the Hall already has one nearly identical to this jersey - without the paint spots.

I just received an email from American Memorabilia:

American Memorabilia is proud to announce the upcoming auction offering: 1946-47 Sid Luckman game-worn jersey -- undoubtedly one of the finest Hall of Fame quarterback jerseys ever. Luckman could be considered the father of the pass. To our knowledge this is the first Luckman game worn jersey ever offered.
    The Luckman jersey will be on display at the National in Chicago next week as will other September features. We will be accepting high end consignments for our upcoming auctions at the National. Bring us your best as the September auction is already filling up with many museum quality items.
    American Memorabilia will be at booths 1017, 1019, 1116 and 1118 at this year&rsquo,s preeminent convention. The show runs July 30- Aug. 3 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.
    To set up an appointment with Victor *or* Kieta please call their toll free cell phone 866-411-7575.

Best Wishes,
    AMI Staff

AMI is not exactly the company I'd choose for this jersey, but I guess they presented the best deal.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    I just received an email from American Memorabilia:

American Memorabilia is proud to announce the upcoming auction offering: 1946-47 Sid Luckman game-worn jersey -- undoubtedly one of the finest Hall of Fame quarterback jerseys ever. Luckman could be considered the father of the pass. To our knowledge this is the first Luckman game worn jersey ever offered.
    The Luckman jersey will be on display at the National in Chicago next week as will other September features. We will be accepting high end consignments for our upcoming auctions at the National. Bring us your best as the September auction is already filling up with many museum quality items.
    American Memorabilia will be at booths 1017, 1019, 1116 and 1118 at this year&rsquo,s preeminent convention. The show runs July 30- Aug. 3 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.
    To set up an appointment with Victor *or* Kieta please call their toll free cell phone 866-411-7575.

Best Wishes,
    AMI Staff

AMI is not exactly the company I'd choose for this jersey, but I guess they presented the best deal.

Uh-Oh!!!!

Banned

Just curious, I was talking about this jersey with an associate, and he told me that he has been told that the Sid Luckman jersey is real, game used and worn by Sid Luckman but that the jersey has a team number change and it may not be all original.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Just curious, I was talking about this jersey with an associate, and he told me that he has been told that the Sid Luckman jersey is real, game used and worn by Sid Luckman but that the jersey has a team number change and it may not be all original.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    I saw this jersey at the National and it is absolutely beautiful and so well preserved...it has to be one of the best football jerseys ever auctioned/sold...

I bet it goes huge!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    I saw this jersey at the National and it is absolutely beautiful and so well preserved...it has to be one of the best football jerseys ever auctioned/sold...

I bet it goes huge!!!!
    That is great, but did you notice if there was a number change as I was told there was on this jersey? No one has publicly disclosed this information anywhere yet and I assume it is something that should be disclosed sometime, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    That is great, but did you notice if there was a number change as I was told there was on this jersey? No one has publicly disclosed this information anywhere yet and I assume it is something that should be disclosed sometime, somewhere.
    I did not notice anything

Quote Originally Posted by javabob's quote from the original eBay listing
    There are a few white specs on the*jersey and my*Dad asked Sid what that was from.* "I painted in it," said Luckman.