Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Sid Luckman jersey auction

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Interesting shots of this rare and valuable jersey being worn by an American Memorabilia model on page 116 and 117 of their catalog

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/catalogs/catalog.pdf
    That SUCKS!!!! Doesnt it take a very long time to set up these shoots? Also there was a very good chance that Sid was the last person to wear the jersey even if he used it to paint. Now to think some stupid blond bimbo wore this jersey is CRAZY

The table of contents refers to Brett "Fabre".

How long until we see Lampson authenticate a jersey with a FABRE nameplate? It happened already with Willie MCGINIST and Troy POLOMALU.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Man oh man, to some, it may have lost some value due to the fact the blondie is displaying the jersey. I didnt care to see it. The girl, ok, I did. But not her wearing the jersey. That was a bit of a shock to see that they even let her put it on.

If i was the consigner i would not be happy with any of this. And i would bet that american memorabilia lost him money.

Nah.

Won't have any effect, whatsoever, on the final value of that jersey or any jersey for that matter. Some guys make too big a deal of AM's models posing in the items for sale. You've no idea how many fat, out-of-shape sports collectors have tried on the majority of these items over the years. I've yet to see any damage caused by a 110-pound model's young, perky set of boobs on a game worn jersey.

Minor indignities.......very minor.

Its not the damage people are worried about. That actually never crossed my mind. The fact that someone else is wearing it may scare away a buyer or at least lose a little bit on the sale. Its a mental thing.

Yep, "mental".
    I think that's a fitting term for anyone who wouldn't buy a rare item simply because a beautiful girl had tried it on. Quite mental.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Nah.

Won't have any effect, whatsoever, on the final value of that jersey or any jersey for that matter. Some guys make too big a deal of AM's models posing in the items for sale. You've no idea how many fat, out-of-shape sports collectors have tried on the majority of these items over the years. I've yet to see any damage caused by a 110-pound model's young, perky set of boobs on a game worn jersey.

Minor indignities.......very minor.
    What a person/owner of a jersey does with their property is up to them. With that said, does American Memorabilia own the jersey? No they don't so, whether perky boobs are involved or not, they should and I am sure they do take care on how they handle someone else's property.

Maybe, Victor asked the owner of the jersey if the jersey could be worn by one of his models? I don't know if he did or didn't but the owner of the jersey is a member of this forum. Maybe he'll comment on how the jersey was displayed? If he doesn't mind, I guess it would be a moot point.

Jim

Guarantee you, come pay day, he won't care if those girls wiped their a$$es with that jersey......and pay day is coming, BIG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Man oh man, to some, it may have lost some value due to the fact the blondie is displaying the jersey. I didnt care to see it. The girl, ok, I did. But not her wearing the jersey. That was a bit of a shock to see that they even let her put it on.
    I don't have a problem with it, BUT I have to admitt I'd prefer to see her without it on. Without any jersey that is!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes: