First of all, thanks to everyone who has provided support and information. I'm really blown away by your community.

Needless to say, my head is spinning. At 10:45 Sunday night, I decided to finally sell this old jersey. Less than two days later, I've been contacted by collectors, people indicating they represent the Bears, people indicating they represent the Hall of Fame...about 120 e-mails over all.

It seems to me that the advice I recieved earlier is starting to make sense (I have already been offered 27,500) and I am giving strong consideration to pulling it, getting it authenticated and taking it to an appropriate auction house.

My concern: Is this a Barry Bonds baseball? That's an overstatement I know, but let's face it, the action on this thing is out of control.

Another alternative: Get it evaluated in Las Vegas or LA (does anyone know a reputable dealer) and let it ride. After all, the e-bay commission is low and the big players would seem to be at the table already. I'm sure the big auction houses send 1099's. Does e-bay?

Thanks again everyone. You guys are awesome.