Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arod jersey

Arod jersey

I had a few question about a arod jersey
    Is it true that all yankees jersey do not have the r on the sleeve?
    In 2004 did they not tag the year on the jersey for part of the season?
    and does anyone got a photo?
    thanks scott

Banned

Re: Arod jersey

Yankees Jerseys never have the R on the sleeve

In 2004 to the best of my knowledge the whole season of jerseys were tagged 2004 but its also possible a previous year jersey could have been carried over.

As far as a photo I cant post one on here not that good yet with the whole pic posting thing, but you can do a search on the forum and find them.

Banned

Well there is no R on the sleeve

That is a hard call that can be a Game Issued Jersey with that tagging or it can just be an Authentic.

All my 2004 jerseys had the 2004 tag.

I think the seller might be a member here as this guy seems to have a lot of Rickey Henderson stuff and I know we have a member herre that has a lot of Henderson stuff.

I was thinking the same thing maybe an authentic not a game issued.
    my guess its not worth making a offer?

This guy just sold a jersey that was exactly like the one he is selling now. two of the same jeresy from the same year what are the odds.

Banned

Why would you make an offer to something your not comfortable with unless you knew the seller himself and feel you can trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Well there is no R on the sleeve

That is a hard call that can be a Game Issued Jersey with that tagging or it can just be an Authentic.

All my 2004 jerseys had the 2004 tag.

I think the seller might be a member here as this guy seems to have a lot of Rickey Henderson stuff and I know we have a member herre that has a lot of Henderson stuff.
    He is a member here. I have bought Rickey stuff from him in the past.

Hi, Guys...

It is my jersey. Thanks to Howard for giving me a heads up about this thread.

A few things:

1) Many of the early 2004 Yanks jerseys did not have year tags. If I can find photos I'll post them, but I did not save the ones I saw a few years back.

2) As for the comment about it being odd to have two jerseys of the same player, it's not odd at all. As experienced collectors well know, star players (and the teams they play for) often have many jerseys made up for them. Some end up being worn, some don't. I ended up with two of ARod's jerseys from early 2004, but I am sure that there were plenty of others. If someone had 10 of these, I could understand the comment. But only 2? In this day and age, having two jerseys of a superstar player from the same year is not uncommon at all.

3) A friend in the hobby emailed me to ask if the tagging was from 2003. It may be that there were some 2003 blanks that were made up for AROD soon after his trade to the Yankees. I'm just not sure.

4) As for the comment about it being an "authentic," it's not tagged as an authentic and it has no R, so I'm not really sure how to otherwise respond to that comment.

5) Finally, to "jetersbatboy", you in no way gave me enough time to respond to your question before posting here. Please follow the forum rules. When I awoke this morning, I replied to your question immediately (and your email to me was only sent earlier this morning). However, I found that you had already made several posts here in the mean-time. Please don't tell me that it was someone else, because I just matched your email name with your GUU account name. I don't mind responding to questions, but I would expect to be treated fairly and within the rules of GUU. I hope the GUU moderators will make a note of this.

As most of you know, I have always strived to represent items fairly and accurately. If there are further questions or concerns, or if you want to email me for any reason, please feel free to do so.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Hi, Guys...

4) As for the comment about it being an "authentic," it's not tagged as an authentic and it has no R, so I'm not really sure how to otherwise respond to that comment.
    Reid
    Hello SportsCentury,

I made the Authentic comment and I was only making an alternative suggestion of what it could be Vs. a Game Issued. Your saying its not tagged as an authentic, why isn't it because of the size or because it has the size tagging? Either way you know as well as any other educated collector any thing is possible. I agree it does not have the R on it which would lead you to believe it was a Game Issued but again anything is possible, it could be the way you folded over the sleeve maybe for the R not to show it could be a number of things.

But never once did I question your selling of the item just giving suggestions. I also pointed out to the member that I believed you were a member of this forum as a suggestion for him to find you through here and contact you directly about the item.