Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

How Much Is A Loa Worth?

I recently put up for auction on Ebay, a Posada gamer. It has a Steiner sticker but know LOA(it was lost) the price I was looking for was around $300 and a BIN for $325. I asked for offers and revived a few but one in particular was a little low for me $75, the person wrote and I quote, "the bat looks legit but because it does not come with a LOA it not worth as much. If it had the LOA then I would offer you the reserve". So what do you guys think, how much is a LOA worth.
    Thanks Scott
    jetersbatboy@hawaiiantel.net

Re: How Much Is A Loa Worth?

I think the LOA is a big part of it, especially when a sticker is concerned. You always want to have supporting documentation that backs each other up.

Banned

It does afect resale value.

I've gone as far as to buy items with stickers but no LOA, getting them at a discount, then submitting them to the sticker issuer for reissuance. Did that with an Upper Deck Marino signed "game issue" helmet. I believe it cost me about $20 or so.

On some items, the traits alone. can persuade bidders that the item is legit.

Stickers for places like MEARS, who do a full evaluation would probably require the LOA - and with Steiner, Posada stuff looks like it has been all over the place with characteristics (some have tape, tar, some have not) - you will probably need the LOA to get what you want out of it.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For single signed autographs, not game used items, a sticker alone is fine as the company placed the sticker on the item specifically because they thought the autograph was genuine. They wouldn't have applied the sticker if they thought the autograph was fake. An extra COA is nice for an autograph but not required.

A Steiner sticker documents that the Posada jersey came from Steiner, so serves as documentation of good provenance. Assuming everything else is correct about the jersey, I would assume that the Steiner provenance/sticker would give you a higher than A5 grade from MEARS.