Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: National To Baltimore?

all we can do is hope they read this thread i'm 5 min away from convention center people coming up could also go up and watch the ravens traning camp less than an hour away maybe the o's will have home games i doubt it but maybe, they try to schedule around big events so they will have hotel rooms .also opening in august the biggest hotel in baltimore which is connected to the covention center you dont have to carry your stuff around all day?

I would love it being in my Home Town as well.I would be there in a second.

A day trip to the National that didn't involve flying?!? Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    is going to the national something i should plan on doing in my lifetime? is there a bunch of g/u at good prices at the national. i dont really do cards since i completed my 56 topps set. well the set has lost a few cards to buy g/u but what can you do.
    I attend the National whenever it is in Cleveland or Chicago. I have also attended in Atlanta and STL. Been to about 12 in my life and will attend end of month in Chicago.

As a collector, it is highly recommended you attend; given what I collect I can blow thru it in a long day, but it generally takes a good 2 long days to go thru it. It is the only large show I would recommend attending from the standpoint of entertainment (seeing sports memorabila of all kinds in a huge setting), and interacting with other collectors you know. I see all the equipment people typically like Mediema, Steinmetz, Taube, Zane Burns, etc., and stop and talk.

Over the last few years the shows have centered in the Cleveland/Chicago arenas, and I am guessing this is because the powers within feel that it is more available to the spenders. Honestly though, ignoring the Northeastern US with New York, etc. is beyond me, and they have not been as responsive to the west coast either which baffles.

From a game used standpoint, I did not feel the last 2 shows I was at offered much. Those that had GU seemed overpriced at best, and I had better luck selling thru GUU auction than I did selling to dealers at the show...