Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Season Ticket Holders Paying PSL's

Any season ticket holders out there paying or are going to be paying for Personal Seat Licenses (PSL's)? I'm a Giants season ticket holder since 1976, well my aunt had them since '76. I've been going to games since 1984 and took over the tickets in 1997. Anyway, I have 2 seats that are field level, located on the corner of the endzone. It looks like they are going to want a few thousand per seat (a one time fee) just to buy my season tickets which I'm sure the price of those are going to skyrocket. It looks like my choices are to give up the tickets or sell my tickets for the next few seasons until the PSL is paid off. Anyone else out there feel my pain?

Re: OT: Season Ticket Holders Paying PSL's

in 2007 i paid $4000 for my ravens psl's for two seats it cost me $600 a season per seat for tickets. i figure it is an investment i could always get more if i ever decide to sell. even though the seats are one row apart i can still stand and have a great view section 506. i know they are expensive but it is an investment more than anything unless they go on a ten year losing streak than i'm screwed!

don't sell your psl's you could always just get the tickets and sell for more than face that is something you can pass down to your kids ad if you ever need $ you could always make a good profit trust me i researched a year before i found my psl's what do the giants require you to do for psl's i had to get the guy to get a notarized paper and than had to pay ravens $50 a seat to transfer

ok I'm lost - what is a personal seat license?

Is the PSL fee for the life of the seats? If it is then I would say it's probably worth it especially if you like your seats.

I went in on Raiders seasons tix when they returned to Oakland and they charged a PSL. Ours was $1,000 per seat. The only catch was the PSL was only for 10 years. They pro-rated the PSL over the ten years so we didn't have to come up with a lot of money all at once which was nice but if they had charged a one time fee for the life of the seats (and didn't stink so bad the last five years) I would probably still have the seats.

you own the seats for as long a you continue paying season tickets one time fee they are your seats for life you have the rights to tickets ,other events ,etc .i helps the teams for improvements free agents .now i dont have to go around finding tickets at jacket up prices .for example the ravens just called me today saying i got selected for 4 navy/notre dame tickets at face value psl owners get first shot

the ravens have a waiting list when i was looking to purchase it was about 7-8 years long so i went paid a little more than face value i could not be happier the best purchase i have ever made

For the Giants, the PSL is a one time fee. The only advantage over the old way, you can now transfer your tickets to any third party person, not just immediate family.

I'll probably keep the seats, but like I said, I'm going to have to sell my tickets for a while. With my pair of tickets going between 400 and 600 these days, I guess it shouldnt take that long. It's just going to stink not being able to go to the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    ok I'm lost - what is a personal seat license?
    Basically, its another way to squeeze more money out of the fans. Here is an article that was on MSN today:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8305630?MSNHPHMA

so if you have tickets for the old giants stadium how much will tickets cost when they move into the new stadium. your psl's transfer right? how do the sections line up i'm not sure when they are moving? by the wy how much do your psl's cost if you dont mind me asking where i sit they are $1000 face for psl's i paid $2000 a seat so the guy who sold them to me made a nice profit

Quote Originally Posted by orioles03 View Post
    so if you have tickets for the old giants stadium how much will tickets cost when they move into the new stadium. your psl's transfer right? how do the sections line up i'm not sure when they are moving? by the wy how much do your psl's cost if you dont mind me asking where i sit they are $1000 face for psl's i paid $2000 a seat so the guy who sold them to me made a nice profit
    we dont have psl's right now in the old stadium. the giants will move into their new stadium in 2010. thats when the psl's will kick in. the owners say they didnt intend to have these psl's when they began to build the stadium, but the escalating cost forced them. the psl's will cost between 1,000 and 20,000 per seat. the uper level of course will be 1,000. i'm not sure how much my seats will be. i'm guessing in the 3 - 5k range. i should find out soon. the things that bugs me are, the giants are sharing the stadium with the jets, they now have corporate sponsors (budwiser and metlife will be plastered all over the stadium), and they just won the superbowl which i'm sure is bringing in huge revenue.