Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Arod Rangers Jerseys

can someone please give a synopsis, on the "rules" of safe purchases of arod ranger jerseys ( Meigray...etc..)

thx

Re: Arod Rangers Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by jboosted92 View Post
    can someone please give a synopsis, on the "rules" of safe purchases of arod ranger jerseys ( Meigray...etc..)

thx

http://www.vintageauthentics.com/cgi...aunbr=95826212

va auction, is this a swapped tag? since no paperwork is included?

I am not an expert, but I have owned a couple of Rangers MeiGrey jerseys. I just sold a 2001 Pudge and still have a 2002 ARod. Although I would be a little concerned by the lack of MeiGray paperwork, the MeiGray tag is a positive sign. In 2001, the Rangers did not use inventory tags. That started in 2002 and I believe they still assign inventory numbers to game worn jerseys. However, all Rangers jerseys sold by MeiGray in 2001 were accompanied with paperwork from the team, as well as MeiGray. I would be a little surprised that the former owner misplaced these papers, but I would imagine it happens, even with a high dollar item such as this jersey. From what I can tell by the photos in the auction listing, the tagging matches the 2001 Pudge jersey that I recently sold. That jersey has awesome wear and paperwork from both the Rangers and MeiGray.

The fact that the jersey for auction is a set 2 is reassuring. Forum members have documented the problems with set 3 jerseys with LOAs signed by ARod. Overalll, I think this jersey is good, but due to the lack of MeiGray and team paperwork, I would have a few concerns, even with the tagging.

Here is a shot of the tagging from the 2001 Pudge jersey I owned. Hope this information helps...
    Attached Images Attached Images