Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Steiner prices at Yankee Stadium

Went to the Yankees/Red Sox game yesterday and walked around the stores all around Yankee Stadium. In two of the stores they have special Steiner sections with game used for sale. Prices were crazy! Check out this price for an A-Rod hat:

They mainly had stuff that was used ON the field, for example I saw a game used home plate, pitching mound, and a few line-up cards.

Re: Steiner prices at Yankee Stadium

Kyle,
    How was your first yankee game at the stadium. Did you get any BP balls or any autographs.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Kyle,
    How was your first yankee game at the stadium. Did you get any BP balls or any autographs.

It was actually pretty fun. The seats are a lot closer than at Turner Field. I originally had the 2nd to last section in the upper tier, but I just went down to the lower level and found this little stairs that everybody hangs out at and it's a great view too. As for BP, I think I missed it cuz I got there a little late. It was about an hour before gametime when I arrived. I'm goin to one more Yankees game on the 8th then the Mets on the 9th.

Kyle,
    I'm heading out that way in late August for the BoSox/Yanks series. It will be my first time out there. Any suggestions on hotels? Looking for decent price. Don't need anything luxury. Any good bars around town? What would be the best airport to fly into? Newark? or JFK? Transportation wise.. Rent a car or take taxi? I'm planning on Sunday-Wednesday.

Thanks,
    Taylor
    Tay1038@aol.com

Hi Kyle. I was there too. First time at Yankee Stadium. Did you stay through the rain delay?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tay1038 View Post
    Kyle,
    I'm heading out that way in late August for the BoSox/Yanks series. It will be my first time out there. Any suggestions on hotels? Looking for decent price. Don't need anything luxury. Any good bars around town? What would be the best airport to fly into? Newark? or JFK? Transportation wise.. Rent a car or take taxi? I'm planning on Sunday-Wednesday.

Thanks,
    Taylor
    Tay1038@aol.com
    I live here your best bet for Hotels to save money on look for hotels in the outer boros. In NYC there are tons of bars clubs lounges just depends on the crowd/atmosphere your looking for. I prefer JFK it is easy access to everything but there is also Laguardia, forget Newark. I wouldnt suggest renting a car or a taxi. The Subway system is the easiest / cheapest way to go.

I just moved to your city Suave. It's a great one!

tay1038 - Don't use JFK! I had a lot of problems when I left this past Wednesday. First, there was a regular 45-minute delay, but then we finally got onto the plane. While we were on the runway, the captain said that there were so many planes going into JFK that we had to just sit on the runway for another hour. Wayyyy too long. Then when we finally arrived at JFK, it took 30 minutes just for the luggage to start coming out, and another 5 minutes just for my luggage to come out. Also, for traveling around the city, I'd just use the subways. The wait wasn't long at all for each train to come plus it costs only $7 for 4 rides (or $2 each). You have to know though beforehand which subway you need to take because to get to some places, you have a get a transfer, and New York really isn't the city to get lost in.

jgoldstein2000 - Nope, everybody else was leaving because we all thought the game was gonna be called since it started raining harder. I left and just went to Ground Zero then the NY Harbor for the fireworks. I never realized how small Yankee Stadium is! You can't move for nothin,,,,no leg room and hot dog lines blocking everybody from moving. Maybe it was just because it was July 4th? (or being that Boston was in town)

Kyle,
    Did you get to sit on the subway to ground zero or have to stand. When i went i took the tour of the stadium at 1, then took the subway to ground zero went to the harbor also. Then took the subway back to the stadium and watched the yanks get killed at 7:00. Also i had to stand almost the whole ride to ground zero.

Also anyone going to yankee stadium for the first time should do the tour its good.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Kyle,
    Did you get to sit on the subway to ground zero or have to stand. When i went i took the tour of the stadium at 1, then took the subway to ground zero went to the harbor also. Then took the subway back to the stadium and watched the yanks get killed at 7:00. Also i had to stand almost the whole ride to ground zero.

Also anyone going to yankee stadium for the first time should do the tour its good.
    I sat. There wasn't that many people on the subway until that night right after the fireworks when everybody who was watching them (which was in the thousands) all tried to fit into 1 subway ride.