Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Josh Hamilton Home Run Derby

Looks like Josh is hitting all those home runs with a good old fashioned Louisville Slugger Ash bat. So much for the Maple.

Re: Josh Hamilton Home Run Derby

Quote Originally Posted by bscott View Post
    Looks like Josh is hitting all those home runs with a good old fashioned Louisville Slugger Ash bat. So much for the Maple.
    In which round?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

I just got back from the Derby and Josh Hamilton was amazing.

I was jumping up and down in front of the TV in the bar like a kid. It was simply amazing. Ash, C353C 34.5/33oz, Smith Ft/ No lacquer bat
    Brian Hillerich

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    I was jumping up and down in front of the TV in the bar like a kid. It was simply amazing. Ash, C353C 34.5/33oz, Smith Ft/ No lacquer bat

Can you make the same bat, with a WONDERBOY and a lighting bolt in it, and market it?

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    You got your advertisement for Louisville Slugger ash bats!!!! Congrats!

I was sitting right over the visitor's dugout and got 1 picture of him swinging so hard you can not see the bat at all almost like a fan blade.

I was surprised as he went to homeplate pre-Derby with some other type of bat and posed for the Derby picture and then when it was his turn to bat he did it with a blonde LS and then he used another type of bat it seemed in the All Star game last night.

Why change when you are doing so well????
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

He used both a Hoosier and the blond Louisville Slugger in the All Star Game. He has used I don't know how many different bats with the Rangers this year, sometimes changing from one brand to another in the same game as he did in the All Star Game.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post

I was sitting right over the visitor's dugout and got 1 picture of him swinging so hard you can not see the bat at all almost like a fan blade.
    Here is the pic---amazing bat speed.

Name:  ALL STAR WEEK 2008 072_cropped.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  217.5 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Watching Josh bat during the Derby was a treat to watch, I can't imagine how much fun it must have been to be there live.

Thats an amazing picture, thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post

Thats an amazing picture, thanks for sharing it.
    This is from my Blog w/ my spliced photo below of the HR Derby Pre-game Press Conference emceed by Karl Ravech of ESPN:

Josh Hamilton accepted an invitation to be a HR Derby participant and seemed to enjoy the 1PM press conference that was delayed by a tardy Chase Utley.

Hamilton sat quietly munching on bananas and drinking his bottled water during the press conference as he was patiently awaiting his time to talk during the Q&A portion.

You wonder if Hamilton knew (or cared) that Sammy Sosa's 524-foot shot in 2002 at Milwaukee's Miller Park ranked as the furthest in Derby history and wouldn't have the distance to leave the cavernous Yankee Stadium as during the Q&A in the spacious ballroom in the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan, the HR Derby participants were thrown a screwball of sorts by a member of the media if it was possible to hit a fair ball out of Yankee Stadium — a feat that never has been done in a game.

A few moments of pause as everyone in the room thought to themselves sarcastically, "yah, sure", then a response from someone in the group was heard as the TV cameras panned to where the voice originated which was from the mouth of Josh Hamilton and then the cameras focused on his face as he continued talking as he was certainly the most animated player on the panel.

The Rangers slugger eschewed 85 years of Yankees Stadium history when he fielded the question, "I think there's a few of us up here that could, {pause with laughter in background} to be honest {he was being serious}. You guys know that little opening, right where you can see the subway? Watch out."

His comments drew laughter, but was a thinly veiled prediction that almost came true.

Name:  ALL STAR WEEK 2008 022_splice.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  58.8 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500