Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clinton Portis Vintage Authentics GU Miami Jersey???

I was browsing the Vintage Authentics auction that closes tomorrow and noticed a lot that gave me pause. It is a GU green Miami Clinton Portis jersey from 2000-2001. The style is not the traditional green jersey worn by Miami during these two years and appears to be an 80's throwback type jersey. I searched Getty and a few other Miami football pic databases and could not find any games in 1999, 2000 or 2001 in which they wore these jerseys. Its possible that I just missed a game but I searched through a pretty good chunk of pictures.

Has anybody ever seen these before? Could it be game issued but the team decided not to wear them? Any thoughts or insight?

Lot 208: Clinton Portis c.2000-01 Game Used College Jersey GU8

Re: Clinton Portis Vintage Authentics GU Miami Jersey???

I would suggest to try and contact the UM equipment manager and see if he/she can tell you anything about the jerseys validity. With the auction closing soon you might not have time but it might be worth a try. You can usually find their info on the team athletic site.

I do know this style was worn in 1998; Getty image #337959 shows Reggie Wayne with it on. I believe the orange version of this was worn in 1999, but I can't absolutely verify the green was.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools...ew-138-163.pdf

The bottom of page 20 shows Portis wearing this style of jersey. I believe those are Clemson players in the background, and you can see the shading difference between Portis and what would be orange trim on the other jerseys.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

the jersey shows no use and got a 0 out of 2 grade for use ... the namplate also appears to be off and odded after the fact if i had to guess. i have seen many miami jersey but the name plate raises questions in my estimation.

does anybody know who owns this jersey, would love to have it? thanks

im not a expert like alot of people on here,but i am a true canes fan,have been since the irvin days and have taped and collected game tapes since then....and have followed canes football since then and i can say i have never seen or remember seeing portis wearing this style jersey during his time there...but i could have just missed that game as i dont have every game,i do remember them a few years ago wearing throwbacks helmets and jerseys but i believe that was after his time there,if this was 2001 then it was thier championship season,so it was after that.....like someone else said,i would contact the team and ask them.....

The guys at collegejersey.com are in Miami and always have a ton of Canes junk, I mean jerseys. You could ask them.

fgult

Are you interested in other Hurricanes jerseys? I've got a Hester I'm getting ready to unload. It came from collegejersey.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools...ew-138-163.pdf

The bottom of page 20 shows Portis wearing this style of jersey. I believe those are Clemson players in the background, and you can see the shading difference between Portis and what would be orange trim on the other jerseys.
    Definitely Clemson players in the background as we didn't play Miami in any of Portis's years. Syracuse would be my guess.
    You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net