Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

curtis granderson batting helmet help

here's a question I would like some input on. Being a curtis granderson fan,I've always wondered about this helmet. I bought this last year during the season at comerica park in detroit. The authentics department was selling alot of helmets from past season authenticated as "team issued".
    I was told any items authenticated in bulk, after the fact, can only be called team issued since the authenticater didn't see it come off the field.
    the tigers didn't have a full authentics dept until the beginning of 2007.
    this granderson helmet has the "date wheel" inside with '06 & the arrow pointing to 9. It does show some game use & I was wondering what the thoughts were that this could be his playoff & world series helmet. Maybe in september/october he started wearing a new one for any number of reasons. I know in '07 they wore the new style of helmet. Here's the mlb auth code:
    Hologram number BB499566 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under BATTING HELMETS.
    Session Product Description: TEAM ISSUED BATTING HELMET

Additional Information: #28

Session Name: DETROIT TIGERS AUTHENTICATION
    Session Date: April 25, 2007
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

any help is appreciated.......helmet is size 7...I know his hat size is 7 1/4.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: curtis granderson batting helmet help

I just wanted to comment on the production wheel. I also bought a helmet from the Tigers that was authenticated in bulk. Mine is from the 2006 season, but has a production wheel of August 2006, even though I photomatched it to a May 2006 game. You can't base much on it. I have heard there is a real production date either under the padding or mlb decal or something like that. I'm sure someone else here can better comment on it than me. All I know is that the production wheel doesn't mean too much. You could try photomatching it since there would be plenty of World Series photos. Good luck!

Chris