X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigerdale
    • Dec 2007

Re: Line-Up Cards

Originally posted by godwulf
    I've bought the lineup cards from the home dugout at the Chase Field Team Shop a few times. They usually sell them for $50 or so, but then they'll have a lot of unsold ones pile up on them occasionally and they'll have a sale, and you can pick them up for $15-20.

I've also bought minor league lineup cards for next to nothing - pretty cool, when the players listed on them are the guys playing in the Majors now.

I bought the lineup card from the U.S. dugout, from the last game of the Olympic qualifying tournament in 2006, the U.S. vanquishing of Cuba in Havana, directly from Team USA, and it cost me several hundred dollars, but I happen to think that it's probably the most historically important item in my entire Baseball collection, and I'd have paid whatever I had to to get it. I considered having a couple of the players listed on it sign the thing, but in the end I decided that it was better "as is".
    I'm with you on that....on my "important" lineups & balls, I always leave 'as is'..on my run of the mill lineups & used ball...those are what I get sigs on.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• frikativ54
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Tedw9
      I bought a line up card a couple of years ago from the Yawkey Way Store across from Fenway. I had been there before and purchased a game used ball for $50 and upon doing research, I found out which game it was used in. On my next trip down, I was able to get the line up card from the same game so they will make a nice display together. At that time, I paid $125 for the card, only because I had a ball from the game.

Now Steiner handles all the Sox items and the cheapest card is $350, with some much higher.
      I have been browsing MLB.com Auctions, and some of the lineup cards have opening bids of $500. And these aren't even milestone games. Why are they so expensive? What do you usually pay for your lineup cards? What's the most you've paid?
      Les Zukor
      bagwellgameused@gmail.com
      Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
      (617) 682-0408

Comment

• cyd64
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cyd64
        I have a few minor league line up cards from some Major Leaguers rehabbing. If anyone is interested email me gameusedmemorabilia@gmail.com

Rehabs include:

Estaban Loaiza 5-19-08 (Dodgers "A" affiliate)
        Jason Schmidt 5-26-08(Dodgers "A" affiliate)
        Jason Schmidt 5-31-08 (both home and visitors LU cards) (Dodgers & Red Sox "A" affiliates)
        Dustin Mosely & Macir Izturus 5-12-08 (Angels "A" vs. Dodgers "A" affiliate)

Will sell all 7 for $50 -- email gameusedmemorabilia@gmail.com

Comment

• panthrotc
          • Dec 2005

THE LAST GAME MCGWIRE PLAYED IN SITTING ON 62 HOMERUNS. HE WOULD HIT # 63 THE FOLLOWING GAME. SIGNED BY THE STARTING LINE.

Comment

• suave1477
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

I have the lineup card sigend by Davey Johnson given to the umpires Mets 1988 season, A fave of mine because Strawberry was in the lienup and 88 was one of Strawberrys best seasons.

Also a Yankees dugout lineup card autographed by 3 players from 2006 whcih happend to be one of the best series they had against the orioles.
            Its the first game card of a 3 game series.
            1st game was a regular game
            2nd Game was raining home runs. Giambi, Arod, Posada, Abreu and a few other players hit home runs.
            3rd Game Orioles pitcher almost threw a no hitter until the last inning where Cano hit a bloop single.

I was at all 3 games and in game 2 I almost caught Posadas home run but missed it by inches and if you see the video from the game you see me just missing the ball.

Comment

Working...