Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Vacation Ideas

Hybrid View

Re: Vacation Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Andrew is right...Autozone Park is right smack in the middle of Memphis - though you MUST stop at Graceland and drop a few hundred bucks. They actually have pretty good BBQ there....but I digress.

Funny, I am actually going to Detroit next week for some fishing on Lake Erie - then to Sandusky, OH for Cedar Point.

I should be asking you for ideas!
    I live 1 hour north of Detroit. While in our fair city see a Tiger game if they are here - and if attending a night game scoot to your car quickly as it is not a safe area.

We attend Cedar Point. Very very busy this time of year. Be prepared to wait in long lines. Fall is a safer bet to attend; but it is clean and you should have fun...

I just visited Memphis for the first time & saw the Redbird home opener. I can't recommend it enough. Great ballpark & a fun time. Be sure to try the BBQ nachos! Also recommend a stop at the Sun records studio. It is about a 10 minute walk from the ballpark. Take the tour & really get an appreciation for the roots of Rock & Roll.......

It's sounding more and more like we should take this trip.

Absolutely you should take the trip! I live in Cincinnati and Great American is a very nice park. Easy to get good tickets and alot of new exciting guys to watch. Scalping is legal, so there are plenty of tickets. Best value seats are the Right Field Sun-Moon Deck, particularly if you can get in the lower third. The Zoo is nice, there is a small aquarium, a decent Art Museum, and the Museum Center with Omni Max theater. Also some good restaurants.

My only other thought about your trip is that you are covering alot of turf if you come down through Cincy, head thru Louisville to Nashville and Memphis as the others have reco'd and also do Dollywood and Gatlinburg. The Smoky Mountains are nice, but very crowded, especially around Dollywood. Be prepared for lots of traffic and people. It takes 6+ hours from Cincy to Dollywoood area during high traffic times.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by tknorm View Post
    Absolutely you should take the trip! I live in Cincinnati and Great American is a very nice park. Easy to get good tickets and alot of new exciting guys to watch. Scalping is legal, so there are plenty of tickets. Best value seats are the Right Field Sun-Moon Deck, particularly if you can get in the lower third. The Zoo is nice, there is a small aquarium, a decent Art Museum, and the Museum Center with Omni Max theater. Also some good restaurants.

My only other thought about your trip is that you are covering alot of turf if you come down through Cincy, head thru Louisville to Nashville and Memphis as the others have reco'd and also do Dollywood and Gatlinburg. The Smoky Mountains are nice, but very crowded, especially around Dollywood. Be prepared for lots of traffic and people. It takes 6+ hours from Cincy to Dollywoood area during high traffic times.

Hope this helps!
    It helps alot, considering everything. Our kids are 11 and 7. They have done as long as a 6 hour trip to Chicago, but that was years ago. I just wanted to do something different as living here in MI we have done Toronto, etc, so this would have to be a trip done in stages to keep everybody happy, probably 7-10 days total.

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    It helps alot, considering everything. Our kids are 11 and 7. They have done as long as a 6 hour trip to Chicago, but that was years ago. I just wanted to do something different as living here in MI we have done Toronto, etc, so this would have to be a trip done in stages to keep everybody happy, probably 7-10 days total.
    One other thing - I am an Adam Dunn fan and I think he is very underrated. Another HR tonight after the AS break. Sure, he has his weaknesses, but won't this be his 5th straight 40 HR season?

If you will be in Cincinnati and want to see some future MLB players play (Eric Hosmer) shoot me an email. The cost is $0.