Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue Jays jerseys (batting practice, etc)

Looking for 1989-1994 game-worn Toronto Blue Jays batting practice jerseys.

Also, 1989-1994 game-used home and road jerseys.

Let me know: petrucious2000@yahoo.com

thanks,

Rudy.

Banned

Re: Blue Jays jerseys (batting practice, etc)

Kingjammy-Have you ever seen any Jeff kent game used bluejays stuff from 1992? I've been searching forever and have never run across anything. Let me know. Thanks,
    Greg

Greg,

Every time I see a Blue Jays jersey in that timeframe for sale (Ebay, dealer, auction, etc) or simply in someone's collection, I document it. There are no Jeff Kent jerseys in my library. This simply means I've never come across one. The Jays batting practice jerseys from those years are especially tough. I've seen a couple for sale every now and then but no Jeff Kent. Of course, Kent only played for them in 1992 so you're basically looking at a total of 4 or 5 of his jerseys existing out there. Given that it was his first major league season, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept one or two of them. If that's the case, the odds are very slim of finding the other 2 or 3. There are Jays who played many more seasons with the team than Kent whose jerseys I've never ever seen.... Henke, Carter, Olerud. Who knows where they went. Olerud played for the Jays for 8 yrs and yet I've never seen a Jays Olerud jersey.
    I can't recall if I've seen any bats of his while he was with the Jays. I may have but as my memory is foggy and I don't document bats, I can't say for certain.

Rudy.

Rudy,

What is the going rate for one of those batting practice jerseys anyways?

Bryan

Bryan,

Honestly I have no idea. Wanna sell one?
    I've seen so few of them that I don't think there's any sort of consistent price pattern. After about a year or so of not seeing any, I saw 2 or 3 show up on Ebay last week. A Bob Bailor coaches jersey, Mike Timlin, and Danny Cox. There was something odd about the Timlin and the seller later told me that "someone had filled in the numbers on the back with marker". I have no clue what that really meant but I stayed away. I didn't bid on any of them. They all seemed to go for about $50 I think. None of them were Wilson jerseys. The Timlin was a Majestic which they used around 1993/94. I'd like to hold out for a Wilson that was used in 1990 or 1991. About once a year, I'll see one pop up and sell for about $50-100 depending on the player.

Rudy.

Well that depends. Can you tell me who wore number 47 in 1991? I can't find it anywhere.

Bryan,

My guess is it's a spring training jersey. They were the same as the regular season BP jerseys. They were made up for all of the spring training attendants, most of which obviously didn't make the team. I'm guessing whoever wore #47 that year simply didn't make the team.

Can you please send me some pictures of it?

petrucious2000@yahoo.com

thanks,

Rudy.

www.jerseydave.com

Jeff Kent Blue Jays Jersey

A 1992 Home Jeff Kent jersey was sold by Grey Flannel in their fall classic 2001 auction...the lot # was 875 and the high bid was $2,213.75 with hammer fee included in that price..

Rudy,

I will send you pics tonight.

Bryan

Banned

Are you positive it is from 1991?

I checked the rosters
    In 1990 they had a #47 Junior Felix
    In 1992 they had a #47 Jack Morris

So is it possible it might be one of those years?