Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Etiquette

Was wondering how everybody felt in this situation: Over the many years you develop a friendship with a series of collectors with mutual interest. From time to time you have an item you think they may be interested in, so you send them an email indicating price and availablity. I am always taken aback at how often I get NO RESPONSE. Not sure what you guys think, but reaching up to the reply key and indicating no interest would take just seconds rather than no response. Sometimes I wonder why I bother...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • whatupyos
    Banned
    • Dec 2005

Re: Ettiquette

Bob,

Good point. Its always nice to reply. I always appreciate it, and I try and return the same. Just out of respect. I might not be timely, but its my intention to always reply back.

Aaron

Comment

• cjmedina1
      • Oct 2005

Bob

Its always nice to reply.... So if your trying to get rid of some MAC game used items feel free to email me

Carlie Medina III
      carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

etiquette

I would call it common courtesy too.

I agee Robert.
        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• skyking26
          • Dec 2005

Re: Etiquette

You guys would be shocked at the rate that I get no reply. Guy asked me to put a hold on a bat for him in March. Heading to the National in 10 days and have send several emails that I'd like payment so I can get it for him - no reply. Unreal. Gets under my skin something awful - but I am a communication guy. It's one thing when you are busy, but no response at all?? Please...
          ROBERT KOPPEL
          Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by cjmedina1
            Bob

Its always nice to reply.... So if your trying to get rid of some MAC game used items feel free to email me

Carlie Medina III
            carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net
            I wish I had something else up your alley to sell, I need the money.
            ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• AWA85
              • Jan 2008

I agree it can be very frustrating and even more so if you are a frequent email checker like myself.

One thing that I may be guilty of is getting a few emails mixed up. I sometimes will be talking to 7 or more people all about Reds items and I forget who has what or what I have told a certain person and not another. Maybe I shouldn't delete all my old emails so fast!
              Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• scottanservitz
                • Nov 2005

No doubt I am with everyone on this topic. Just reply and say thanks or no thanks. It rates up there with people not returning phone calls....that bugs me too!

Scott

Comment

• AWA85
                  • Jan 2008

Mark, I shot you another email. Let me know if you don't get this one.
                  Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• camarokids
                    • Jun 2006

I just the other day took the time to attach pictures , descriptions and prices of some gloves I was willing to sell . I sent this email to two members and never received a word .....

A simple no thanks would work ....
                    Thank you,
                    David

This is my email address here!
                    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

Working...