Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

YES Network - My new favorite channel

If you're from New York then you know what it is, but for the others you probably don't. It's definitely the channel I've always dreamed of. 24/7 baseball and most-importantly shows involving game used. Today there was a show about how they make Jeter's jersey, and Majestic said they make about 2 dozen for him each year (though I'm sure he doesn't wear anything close to that); and then tomorrow they're showing how they authenticate everything after each Yankees game. If only they had this channel available everywhere, I'm sure everybody on this forum would enjoy. I also love the classic games they show everyday, and the repeats of every game every night for those who miss it.

Re: YES Network - My new favorite channel

I think we just got another fan!

how do you get it

All Real Yankee fans know the answer to this question. ( you must live in the tristate area) LOL

lol but can you buy it

Kyle,
    Tell us about your N.Y. trip. I would think the YES network is available outside of the N.Y. area the way,WTBS(Braves) and WGN(Cubs) is available outside of their areas,for some cable subscribers.
    Robert

The YES channel is available on DirecTV on channel 622 if you buy the regional sports package!

However, any sporting events they televise on the sports package is subject to blackout like baseball games, college football games, etc. so then you have to subscribe to the DirecTV MLB package so you can watch the blacked out games from YES on the designated baseball channel which show up on channel 722-749.

The one thing I like about YES is the Yankees games in HD have amazing picture quality.

The one thing I don't like is all the channels are expensive! Is YES free to your NY residents?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

YES is great! It's not 24/7 baseball, they show other sports-Nets, Ivy League football, etc. I like Yankeeography, and Centerstage too, the show where Michael Kay interviews all sorts of celebrities. And Kyle, I think the show you were referring to w/ the game-used items is called "Steiner Memories of the Game." I enjoy watching that show too, they show some cool game used stuff from Steiner. It's funny when Brandon Steiner is on and gives estimates of what things are worth, b/c they are always so high. Like one time I think he said a baseball card signed by A-Rod is worth $500. Sure. The show is just one huge advertisement for Steiner. Does anyone remember the show on YES called, "What's it Worth?" I liked that show better than the Steiner show. People would bring in their collectibles (a lot of game used stuff) and get them appraised.

Banned

Kyle souns like your becoming a Yankees fan, well my hats off to you for appreciateing the best team in baseball lol lol

Yes channel is Free to New York residents.
    It comes included in my basic cable package and as another member mentioned here on the HD channel it is Great. Also HD channels are free lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    The YES channel is available on DirecTV on channel 622 if you buy the regional sports package!

However, any sporting events they televise on the sports package is subject to blackout like baseball games, college football games, etc. so then you have to subscribe to the DirecTV MLB package so you can watch the blacked out games from YES on the designated baseball channel which show up on channel 722-749.

The one thing I like about YES is the Yankees games in HD have amazing picture quality.

The one thing I don't like is all the channels are expensive! Is YES free to your NY residents?
    in baltimore i have it on direct tv but alot of the shows are blacked out i use to have the baseball package i watched mostly two game a week if i was lucky so i stoped that this year way to expensive for something i dont watch but i do like the yes network except hen other shows are blacked out not available in area