Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: 2005 Red Sox Jerseys Tagging ALL REAL ONE ARE STRIP TAGGED

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxfan4life
    Howard show me a getty image without strip tags on 2005 Red Sox shirt. Have not seen on example as of yet.
    Rudy-
    I'm in need of your expertise with Getty.
    Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

BoSox,

I'm really trying to follow this so bear with me. From what I understand from your posts:

"..tagged by the local shop who does all the stiching"
    - Majestic sends completely blank jerseys to a shop in MA and this shop in MA affixes the strip tags, numbers, & letters?
    If this is correct, I have a question: the exact style of strip tag used by the Red Sox is also used by several other teams including the Jays, White Sox, and Cubs. (By exact, I mean exact - same font, same color, same style, same cloth). How is that a local shop in MA seems to be producing the identical strip tag used by several other teams?
    I would offer that the strip tags are sewn on by Majestic and that's why they're all identical. The odds of local shops in Chicago, Boston, and Toronto all producing identical strip tags seems highly unlikely at best.

- "the sox produce all #'s that are not retired from 1-60 at the start of the seasson an number above 60 is a special order. They produce all jerseys starting at size 46 or above"

Can you clarify this for me? Using the #5 as an example, as you saying that if #5 is going to be a spare, they produce a #5 home jersey in size 46, 48, 50, and 54? 4 different sizes of the same spare?
    OR..
    they just pre-number & strip tag randomly-sized, spare jerseys? IE: this size 46 will be a #5, that size 48 will be a #41, etc?

thanks,

Rudy.

Banned

Rudy # 5 may be a size 46, number 58 maybe a size 48, number 11 maybe a 50. They do not produce 4 sizes of the same shirt

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxfan4life
    Rudy # 5 may be a size 46, number 58 maybe a size 48, number 11 maybe a 50. They do not produce 4 sizes of the same shirt
    I have to wonder why one of the richest teams in baseball would be following MINOR LEAGUE practice, and assigning numbers to their spare jerseys based on size. And, why no jerseys over #60?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59
    I have to wonder why one of the richest teams in baseball would be following MINOR LEAGUE practice, and assigning numbers to their spare jerseys based on size. And, why no jerseys over #60?
    Well thats like saying the yankees what of the most richest teams to spend money on players but not jerseys. for the longest time up untill the mid to late 90's the yankees didnt use spares, they used recycled jerseys of other players sometimes players would use jerseys that were 2 to 3 years old. They didnt even have a spare for Jeter when he came up they used an old Bernie Williams jersey and replaced the numbers with a #2 on it and the tagging on the tail said "Williams"

With ticket prices getting outrageous and for some teams have been outrageous you would think they can afford to give a player a new jersey.

How about this!! this whole time i thought for at least the world series a team got crisp clean new jerseys!!!! NOPE!!! they used regular season jerseys and just added the world series patches