Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

2005 Red Sox Jerseys Tagging ALL REAL ONE ARE STRIP TAGGED

ALL I REPEAT ALL REAL 2005 Red Sox Jerseys have the strip tagging this was not just done in the second half of the season it was done from Opening Day on. I know this for certain because I own Mark Bellhorns World Series Ring Day jersey cert. by MLB. It was worn opening day at Fenway Park. The ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS are as follows.

Special Event Jerseys Non Roster Players. Examples as follow

Dave Roberts Ring Day
    Lowe Ring Day
    Dinardo Ring Day
    Burks Ring Day

**any 2004 red sox who returned for the event but was not on the active roster.

Wade Boggs tribute night

All Red Sox Game Used jerseys from 2005 regardless of Player have the strip tag. Even Papelbon, Hanson, Hanley Ramirez no exceptions

Re: 2005 Red Sox Jerseys Tagging ALL REAL ONE ARE STRIP TAGGED

There are more exceptions. We have seen pictures of Red Soc players without strip tagging. I saw one on this forum, I believe of Edgar Renteria, who is no bum, without the strip tagging. I own a jersey I received directly from Trot Nixon without strip tagging. I think this past year was very inconsistent for the Sox, and the rest of the MLB, when it comes to jersey tagging.

Banned

The Edgar was a one game wonder without a tag. It occured as a result of the trade of numbers between him and Boomer Wells. The Sox got a shirt for edgar from their team store for that game. Boomer was not pitching and as a result wore a warmup shirt the whole game. The trot shirt you got i am guessing was ordered for charity events just like the LS bats with the underlined 125. Does it show game use or is it unused?

We had a discussion on this a while back here's the link!

Bobby

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...hlight=tagging

A few questions:

Can we assume that the Red Sox, like many other MLB teams, order spares? Spares for trades, mid-season call ups, lost/damaged/stolen jerseys, etc.

Next question: who adds the strip tag? The manufacturer or a local shop? In this particular case, I'm of the opinion that it's the manufacturer simply because that exact style of 2005 Red Sox strip tag is also used by several other teams and so I believe the odds are slim that local shops in several cities are producing identical strip tags. So if it's the manufacturer who sews and affixes the strip tag, what kind of strip tag can you affix to a spare? There's no intended player/uniform number.

If the spares ship with no numbers then it would have to be a local shop that sews on the numbers. How can you ship a spare with a uniform number when you don't know what player will eventually use that spare?

Last question: If a player gets traded or called up to the Red Sox on Wednesday and shows up on Thursday, where do the Sox get his jersey? The team store? That's the policy? While I have little doubt that many teams have at times had to resort to a retail jersey, I do have doubts that this is the regular policy for trades/call-ups. I believe a more plausible policy is to use a spare. You can have a spare numbered by the local store within hours. There isn't enough time to order it from the manufacturer and have it shipped complete with numbering, lettering, and strip-tagging. How can a trade/call-up who is wearing a spare have this spare strip-tagged?

Rudy.

Banned

The sox shirts are produced locally stiched in MA. The shirts are all strip tagged in advance. They do have extras but they have them from the start of the year they produce all no retired #'s from 1 thru 60 anything higher that is a special request.

BoSox:

The jerseys are strip-tagged in advance of what? Of being numbered, of being issued, ??

Who sews the strip-tagging...the local shop or Majestic?

Who sews the numbers/lettering... local shop or Majestic?

Rudy.

The Trot Nixon jersey shows great use, even has a team repair (as some of you know, Trot Nixon plays extremely hard). There isn't a gram of doubt in my mind the jersey is game used. Some of you may remember me from "the old forum" as TrotNixonForPresident.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24
    BoSox:

The jerseys are strip-tagged in advance of what? Of being numbered, of being issued, ??

Who sews the strip-tagging...the local shop or Majestic?

Who sews the numbers/lettering... local shop or Majestic?

Rudy.
    Rudy-
    The 3 digit strip tag is sewn by Majestic. No local shop produces this.

When the individual indicates these jerseys are sewn locally, it may be the case, however, what can we expect to see for strip tagging on a jersey of a recently traded player? Say the Red Sox obtain Pat Burrell on a Monday from the Phillies, and he plays that evening. No chance in hell they have a jersey with the strip tag that includes his #5 on it. Rather, they most likely would have a "generic" jersey with the size/year, void of the uniform number.

Any insight here?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Say, I'm not a jersey person at all, and I have no idea what strip tagging is. But I do enjoy reading about jerseys and learning what's out there.

So I don't have a side on this issue, but I do have a question: You say that ALL Bosox jerseys from 2005 MUST have the strip tagging BECAUSE you have A jersey that has it. What am I missing that lets you make such a definite statement?

Ken