Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: game used baseballs....your favorite

these are all awesome...ya know I have to add a few now....I have a used gold ball from both Ivan Rodriguez & Magglio Ordonez, the two tigers that have been in the derby since they started the gold ball & and a psa/dna ball from the tigers, from the last game at tiger stadium.....I'm just really liking game used baseballs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    i think the ball johnson used to hit the bird would be a cool one to have because it is pretty rare. the bird had it coming at some point in his life. why not go out as being famous. im surprised johnson didnt eat it.
    Reportedly, Randy was pretty upset by the incident at the time, and did not join in the resulting joking around about it.

Personally, I love and/or admire most animals and don't find anything funny or edifying about their deaths - but in this case, that ball is part of one of the most bizarre Baseball-related incidents ever recorded...and so, I'd like to own it. (Upon consideration, I really would not like to mount the bird on the ball, though...particularly since, judging from the video, its body would be entirely featherless.)

Speaking of bizarre Baseball-related incidents, how about the ball that bounced off of Jose Canseco's noggin and over the wall, resulting in the Canseco Rule?

i have three one would be a jay gibbons hr ball from his rookie season it was when he was killing the blue jays he had some kind of record for the month for hitting hr's against a team it hit off the foul pole in left field went to ball girl she gave it to me.
    second would be a marlon anderson hr ball it landed on eutaw street the fan through it back went to brian roberts he was so pissed he through it back in the dugout hard it landed on the warning track took a wierd bounce because the warning track is rubber and hit me in the stomach hard.got marlon to sign the ball the next day.
    and last it is not a game used ball but it is i 2002 opening day ball my first opening day a bat boy we played the yankees i was so nervous had to get introduced in front of 49,000 people so i got the ball from that game wrote all the stats from the game attendance,pitchers,tony batista hit a grand slam i was at home plate in the paperthe next day. that is probally my favorite ball even though it is not game used

My favorite is a foul ball I caught on October 1st 1983. It was the final series of the regular season and the Phillies were playing the Pirates. It was my first foul ball. I had Jose DeLeon and Alejandro Sanchez (the hitter and pitcher) both sign it after the game. Its by far my favorite GU item. Baseball reference's box score shows me that it was the 6th inning and Sanchez struck out for the first out of the inning.

This is a tough one but my favorite is my 2004 ALDS Game 4 GU ball autographed by Mariano Rivera. Mariano pitched two scoreless innings to get the win in extra innings.

Quote Originally Posted by markfd View Post
    This is a tough one but my favorite is my 2004 ALDS Game 4 GU ball autographed by Mariano Rivera. Mariano pitched two scoreless innings to get the win in extra innings.
    Speaking of Mariano, Jerry Colangelo has the ball Luis Gonzalez hit off of Rivera to win the '01 World Series, but I'd settle for the ball Rivera threw into Center Field, between Jeter's glove and Dave Dellucci's face, to put runners on 1st and 2nd with nobody out. (I asked Dellucci if he saw that ball sail past his face, and he smiled and said, "No, but I heard it!")

I have 2 game used baseballs from game 6 of the 2003 ALCS Yankees vs. Red Sox. MLB authenticated. Pretty cool.

MAP

Currently I have two game used baseballs I am proud to own. They are both game used balls from the 2007 Futures game.

-The first one is the actual ball Adrian Cardenas hit for a bloop single in the 6th inning for his only hit in his only at-bat of the game. The cool thing is that he comments on that at-bat in an interview and talks about how that experience is a great one for his development.

-The second one is a ball I just got in today! It is the actual ball that Clayton Kershaw pitched to strikeout Elvis Andrus in the 7th inning! The details read as follows:
    Session Product Description: GAME USED BALL
    Additional Information: PITCHED BY KERSHAW TO ANDRUS IN 7TH INNING (STRIKE OUT/BALL IN DIRT)

Pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Currently I have two game used baseballs I am proud to own. They are both game used balls from the 2007 Futures game.

-The first one is the actual ball Adrian Cardenas hit for a bloop single in the 6th inning for his only hit in his only at-bat of the game. The cool thing is that he comments on that at-bat in an interview and talks about how that experience is a great one for his development.

-The second one is a ball I just got in today! It is the actual ball that Clayton Kershaw pitched to strikeout Elvis Andrus in the 7th inning! The details read as follows:
    Additional Information: PITCHED BY KERSHAW TO ANDRUS IN 7TH INNING (STRIKE OUT/BALL IN DIRT)

Pretty cool!
    those balls that are not only game used, but detailed right down to the event of the ball are just great....true collector pieces in my opinion.

I agree! The Cardenas ball detail reads as follows:

Additional Information: PITCHED BY BEATO TO CARDENAS IN 6TH INNING (BASE HIT TO LEFT FIELD)

Session Name: 2007 ALL-STAR FUTURES GAME
    Session Date: July 08, 2007
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

The best detail I have ever seen on an item cam from this game!