Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gameused
    • Nov 2005

Barry Bonds Sports Illustrated steroid article

Interesting article on Bonds steroid use!

• gameused
    • Nov 2005

Re: Barry Bonds Sports Illustrated steroid article

Here's a similar article on the espn website.

Beginning in 1998 with injections in his buttocks of Winstrol, the same steroid used in the 1988 Olympics by Ben Johnson and last year by Rafael Palmeiro, Barry Bonds allegedly took a wide array of performance-enhancing drugs, including human growth hormo

The Incredible BULK!
    Attached Files

Comment

• byergo
      • Feb 2006

Watch for falling prices! If I had anything Bonds it would be time to liquidate. I feel sorry for people holding on to $15k home run bats and so forth.

Comment

• mmonte4
        • Feb 2006

bonds is no first ballet HOFer in my book. Compromising the integrity of the game is a major no no. I hope he is booed when he matches Ruth!

Comment

• BULBUS
          • Nov 2005

Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
          sigpic
          donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• byergo
            • Feb 2006

I feel pretty confident that Hall of Fame voters will NOT elect the known steriod cheaters for 1st ballot HOF consideration, perhaps much longer (Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Giambi, Canseco, Palimeiro, IROD, etc...).

This will lead to increasing controversy in the media and marketplace.

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

So here is a question? everyone here knows i am a strawberry fan

What's worse to do steroids or coke and alcohol? lol lol

At least coke and alcohol are not muscle enhancing drugs, so should we vote Strawberry in, considering the others took muscle enhancing drugs lol lol

Comment

• byergo
                • Feb 2006

Strawberry only has 1/2 to 2/3 the career numbers it would take to make the HOF, but I don't think many voters would dock a player for drug/alcohol problems as they fall under the category of personal problems, and detract, not add to their performance on the field.

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

byergo it was a joke

But you are wrong he does have some strong numbers to be accepted into the hall of fame the problem is he is over shadowed by his personal life of drugs, alcohol, arrests, probation viloations, tax evasions and the list goes on.

The most people don't realize it he was on that ballot last year ( his first year for eligiblity ) he had if memory serves me correct 3 to 6 votes. He could have been on the ballot this year, but the new format of the hall of fame I believe is anyone under 20 votes they don't show or something like that.

Just to give you a quick list of some of his numbers:
                  83 rookie of the year
                  4 time World Champ
                  8 time all star
                  2 time silver slugger
                  30 / 30 club member
                  Till this day still holds the home run record for the Mets!!

Comment

• byergo
                    • Feb 2006

Nice info, but here is the bottom line, you need either 3,000 hits or 500 hr's to get in; or have a hell of a story to sell.

Straw has 1,401 hits and 335 hr's. To bad he pissed away that magnificent talent, because he like Dwight Gooden, had a HOF body.

Comment

• suave1477
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2006

I agree with what your saying on the numbers now suprisingly enough doc gooden became eligible this passed ballot and i do believe he was out of the top 100 candidates somewhere around 30 which isnt great but thats not bad.

Comment

• jboosted92
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by byergo
                        Nice info, but here is the bottom line, you need either 3,000 hits or 500 hr's to get in; or have a hell of a story to sell.

Straw has 1,401 hits and 335 hr's. To bad he pissed away that magnificent talent, because he like Dwight Gooden, had a HOF body.
                        3000/500 not true. Kirby Puckett, Ryne Sandberg, Gary Carter...

and that is in the last few years...

Gold Gloves, Consistency, League Leading, play a part tooo

Strawberry has good numbers, but I think he needed 2 more good years in the 90s.

Jim Rice is a close call as well.

Comment

• byergo
                          • Feb 2006

Close call means NOT IN! Gary Carter is a joke and shouldn't be in the hall. He has to be among those you can count on one hand that shouldn't be in (add the newest HOF'er--Bruce Sutter to that mix as well).

Puckett and Sandberg can sell the "hell of a story" I was talking about, and they are rightfully in like DiMaggio, Koufax.

Comment

• suave1477
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2006

Yeah unfortunately strawberry starting posting his better numbers towards the late 80's and then fell off towards the early to mid 90's bcuz of his problems then he started getting back up there with the yankees and then had to cut his career short bcuz of his cancer. Lets really put into perspective the actual years he played with the numbers he put up!!!

Dodgers 92 - 93 played total 75 games / played 1/4 the season
                            Giants 94 played 29 games / almost non existent
                            Yankees 95 -97,99 140 games ( excluding 98 ) played 1/4 to 1/2 the season

Imagine if he played full seasons during these years and was healthy, he would have blown away the 500 mark in home runs,

I am sure he could have hit or come very close to the 3000 hit mark.

Comment

• byergo
                              • Feb 2006

Strawberry no doubt had god-given HOF talent/body. Without his self inflicted drug problems, and other problems, he for sure had a shot at HOF numbers.

I really think he was a non steroids player too.

Comment

Working...