Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cards-bats
    • Aug 2006

Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

You may want to place the corners of your lineup card between to heavier sheets of paper and then get your iron out & iron them flat. You don't want to get it too hot, but I think that may work for you. I know that people do that with paper currency collections.

Comment

• sylbry
      • Nov 2005

Two words, matted frame.

Won't fix the problem but might be able to cover most of it up.
      Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• camarokids
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by cards-bats
        You may want to place the corners of your lineup card between to heavier sheets of paper and then get your iron out & iron them flat. You don't want to get it too hot, but I think that may work for you. I know that people do that with paper currency collections.
        Yes , the infamous paper doctors can be quite deceptive with their work.

They can make an extra fine note look damn near un-circulated.

Back to the line up card , the corners could have already had some damage?

I have a large line up card from 2005 and the corners are kind of beat up.
        Thank you,
        David

This is my email address here!
        dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• godwulf
          • Aug 2007

A couple of years ago, I won the auction for Bob Welch's locker tag from the World Baseball Classic - he was the pitching coach for the Dutch team. It is about 12" x 3", and it was simply tossed into a large manilla envelope, with no attempt at packaging whatsoever aside from that, and of course it arrived with a big crease in it. An email to Customer Service at MLB resulted in exactly nothing.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that they didn't just scrawl my name and address on the back of the tag and put a stamp on it.

The problem with a lot of these things is that they're one of a kind items and we don't want to send them back, even if they're a little more "as is" when we get them than they started out to be. Until such time (and I honestly don't see this happening) as we begin to bite the bullet, as collectors, and start demanding refunds from MLB on items that are clearly damaged, not from being "game-used", but from being "shipper careless", they're going to continue to do things on the cheap and blow off the odd complaint as the whining of a few "condition freaks".
          Jeff
          godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• tigerdale
            • Dec 2007

I guess the only saving grace is we are buying game used items, so they're not perfect anyways....many lineups have tears, tape rips, bends from just hanging & being removed from the dugout...we just wish the abuse would come from the game, not the shipping.
            always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
            Thank you, Dale
            tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• orioles03
              • Dec 2005

most line up cards after the game are just thrown around trust me .i have seen visiting coaches at orioles game just rip them off the board and throw them in the bat room some before the game are not in good shape .i had thrown away so many lineup cards when i was bat boy they had foot prints on them many coaches just tape them to a wall. they dont care as long as they do there job they are just another piece of cardboard. i threw away mlb auth line up cards after games
              orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• tigerdale
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by orioles03
                most line up cards after the game are just thrown around trust me .i have seen visiting coaches at orioles game just rip them off the board and throw them in the bat room some before the game are not in good shape .i had thrown away so many lineup cards when i was bat boy they had foot prints on them many coaches just tape them to a wall. they dont care as long as they do there job they are just another piece of cardboard. i threw away mlb auth line up cards after games
                do most of the small ones exchanged w/ umpires get thrown away? I never see them for sale???
                always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                Thank you, Dale
                tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• orioles03
                  • Dec 2005

when they were left on the bench i would usually give them to a hot girl or a girl i was trying to get there number you dont realize how many times that worked
                  orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• orioles03
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by tigerdale
                    do most of the small ones exchanged w/ umpires get thrown away? I never see them for sale???
                    no if the coaches did not take them i would usually give them to the ushers who come on the field after the game and he would give them to a kid. i did give some stuff to matt stover one game a bat and ball and he sent me a pair of cleats
                    orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• tigerdale
                      • Dec 2007

no if the coaches did not take them i would usually give them to the ushers who come on the field after the game and he would give them to a kid. i did give some stuff to matt stover one game a bat and ball and he sent me a pair of cleats
                      do you have any old small ones of the tigers?
                      Thank you, Dale
                      tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• orioles03
                        • Dec 2005

i never kept any sorry
                        orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• frikativ54
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by sylbry
                          Two words, matted frame.

Won't fix the problem but might be able to cover most of it up.
                          I just got a frame at my local frame shop, and it does wonders. Now the damage is difficult to see. Thus, I can finally enjoy the lineup card without viewing the fruits of the crappy shipping job. But I am not going to stop complaining about my experience, because I believe that something has to change with MLB.com Auctions.

I ended up calling the Mariners' team shop, and they felt badly about what happened. They are going to get back to me with someone to contact. Hopefully by complaining to a team shop with actual customer service people, I will make some headway. There ought to be policy changes with MLB.com Auctions.
                          Les Zukor
                          bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                          Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                          (617) 682-0408

Comment

• frikativ54
                            • Dec 2007

when they were left on the bench i would usually give them to a hot girl or a girl i was trying to get there number you dont realize how many times that worked
                            Well, I am actually overweight from a medicine I have to take, and I am hardly hot. So - no wonder I'm not getting lineup cards after games. I get the impression that if you're not a supermodel or a young kid that people aren't willing to do you any favors at MLB stadiums. It's a shame that many people put looks ahead of love of baseball.
                            Les Zukor
                            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• orioles03
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by frikativ54
                              Well, I am actually overweight from a medicine I have to take, and I am hardly hot. So - no wonder I'm not getting lineup cards after games. I get the impression that if you're not a supermodel or a young kid that people aren't willing to do you any favors at MLB stadiums. It's a shame that many people put looks ahead of love of baseball.
                              i was 17 what would you do?if you have a hot girl asking for a baseball of course you are going to give it to her. i'm not stupid
                              orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• orioles03
                                • Dec 2005

sorry to go off topic but what do you think the players who are not playing do during games ?they are scouting the stands .one night i made $300 for just getting #'s for visiting players.job did have some perks
                                orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

Working...