Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by orioles03 View Post
    i was 17 what would you do?if you have a hot girl asking for a baseball of course you are going to give it to her. i'm not stupid
    Well, if you scouted using a slightly different criteria, you would find the divorce rate go way down among athletes. Not only that, as a game-used memorabilia collector, you might be happier when that not-so-pretty girl actually enjoys your game-used memorabilia hobby. I always love when people complain about how their significant other can't stand their hobby, when the very same people choose to marry the stereotypical hot model type whose only interest is the latest fashion catalogue. Who's the one who is stupid now?

I don't know if you realize it, but those heavier girls do have feelings. And as someone who is not skinny, I notice when baseball players won't toss a ball up to me because of the way I look. I just had that happen to me this Friday evening. And it really hurts. I watch 90% of the Astros' games, I know baseball inside-and-out, yet I have a medical condition that needs to be treated with medicine that causes obesity. I also have another medical condition, made worse by the first medicine, that causes my face to break out and me to be even heavier. Why can't a true fan like me get equal respect at ballgames, and actually walk away with a souvenir?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Well, if you scouted using a slightly different criteria, you would find the divorce rate go way down among athletes. Not only that, as a game-used memorabilia collector, you might be happier when that not-so-pretty girl actually enjoys your game-used memorabilia hobby. I always love when people complain about how their significant other can't stand their hobby, when the very same people choose to marry the stereotypical hot model type whose only interest is the latest fashion catalogue. Who's the one who is stupid now?

I don't know if you realize it, but those heavier girls do have feelings. And as someone who is not skinny, I notice when baseball players won't toss a ball up to me because of the way I look. I just had that happen to me this Friday evening. And it really hurts. I watch 90% of the Astros' games, I know baseball inside-and-out, yet I have a medical condition that needs to be treated with medicine that causes obesity. I also have another medical condition, made worse by the first medicine, that causes my face to break out and me to be even heavier. Why can't a true fan like me get equal respect at ballgames, and actually walk away with a souvenir?
    What on earth does this post have to do with MLB.com auctions?

FYI - It is ok to keep personal information to yourself.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Arrow Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    What on earth does this post have to do with MLB.com auctions?

FYI - It is ok to keep personal information to yourself.
    It has everything to do with the previous poster's comments. I needn't keep personal information to myself when it illustrates a larger point; there is a societal assumption that overweight people are that way because they choose to be so. This is hardly the case. When it comes to discrimination at MLB ballparks, I think that my personal experiences are relevant. The whole point is this, in case it wasn't clear to you before: It is frustrating to go to an MLB stadium trying to get a lineup card (or any other game-used item) when you are passed up just because of the way you look. This thread is about lineup cards, and my story is fully relevant to this topic.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    It has everything to do with the previous poster's comments. I needn't keep personal information to myself when it illustrates a larger point; there is a societal assumption that overweight people are that way because they choose to be so. This is hardly the case. When it comes to discrimination at MLB ballparks, I think that my personal experiences are relevant. The whole point is this, in case it wasn't clear to you before: It is frustrating to go to an MLB stadium trying to get a lineup card (or any other game-used item) when you are passed up just because of the way you look. This thread is about lineup cards, and my story is fully relevant to this topic.
    So, you should write each and every major league baseball club about this discrimination stating that the players, managers, clubhouse attendants, etc. are all more inclined to give a line-up card to a pretty girl than to someone who is not a pretty girl.

Maybe it will change all the prejudice in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    So, you should write each and every major league baseball club about this discrimination stating that the players, managers, clubhouse attendants, etc. are all more inclined to give a line-up card to a pretty girl than to someone who is not a pretty girl.

Maybe it will change all the prejudice in the world.
    Are you being sarcastic? Seems like it, because I honestly don't think that it would do a thing. Discrimination against heavier and less pretty women is ingrained in our culture, and I don't see anything in the future changing this.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

I think is time to close this thread ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    I think is time to close this thread ASAP
    Why - because somebody is actually speaking up for women's rights, while the men on the board are acting with the usual silence of the privileged sex?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

No Frik -

This thread should stop because you made your point about MLB auctions, and got the advice you needed. Most of us here know you are a passionate collector...

But the stuff about discrimination, etc. should be discussed in a different forum. You have the ability to ignore what others post.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frik has a valid point on several fronts.

All the little girls growing up nowadays are brainwashed from a very young age about how they should look and what to wear and so on.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    No Frik -

This thread should stop because you made your point about MLB auctions, and got the advice you needed. Most of us here know you are a passionate collector...

But the stuff about discrimination, etc. should be discussed in a different forum. You have the ability to ignore what others post.
    i agree it should be stoped .i was just asked a question about what happens to the small lineup cards after the game i gave him an honest answer .i started when i was 16 being a bat boy i was a teenager young a stupid .i dont think i said anything wrong i just did what was normal anyone would do the same thing. again i not sure how this got so carried away i was just answering a question .sorry if you took offense to my previous post
    pat
    orioles03@verizon.net