Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

Back to the OP about dealing with mlb.com--one person mentioned sending a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I heartily recommend this course for your bent line-up card. I've used it to deal with several companies that sent me dysfunctional equipment or incorrect bills and then gave me the run-around. In pretty much every case, a simple complaint to the BBB website (it might take 10-15 min to fill everything out but it's worth it) got it resolved quickly and very satisfactorily. I believe that the BBB sends a letter to the company saying they've received a complaint, so it's something that gets forwarded to the people at the company who actually know what they're doing.

If nothing else, it might make it more likely that mlb.com will send lineups in better-protected coverings in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by treant985 View Post
    Back to the OP about dealing with mlb.com--one person mentioned sending a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I heartily recommend this course for your bent line-up card. I've used it to deal with several companies that sent me dysfunctional equipment or incorrect bills and then gave me the run-around. In pretty much every case, a simple complaint to the BBB website (it might take 10-15 min to fill everything out but it's worth it) got it resolved quickly and very satisfactorily. I believe that the BBB sends a letter to the company saying they've received a complaint, so it's something that gets forwarded to the people at the company who actually know what they're doing.

If nothing else, it might make it more likely that mlb.com will send lineups in better-protected coverings in the future.
    I am going to call the Mariners back tomorrow and follow up; they told me they'd help, but then the Red Sox series came (and luckily went). If I go the BBB route, is there any obligation for me to send the lineup card back? It is in my possession, and I am keeping it. I just want MLB practices to change, regarding how they package lineup, and at least a partial refund for my damaged goods.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Here are my thoughts on your situation for what it's worth (if anyone cares):

You got something from a game your favorite player accomplished something very special in. You should be happy and grateful you were able to get something so nice, instead of complaining about a very small issue.

You should just be lucky the lineup card survived the game and wasn't thrown away.

Come on, it's not like they tore it in half, set it on fire and sent you the ashes.

It just had some slightly bent corners that are not even noticable when framed.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Thumbs up Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Here are my thoughts on your situation for what it's worth (if anyone cares):

You got something from a game your favorite player accomplished something very special in. You should be happy and grateful you were able to get something so nice, instead of complaining about a very small issue.

You should just be lucky the lineup card survived the game and wasn't thrown away.

Come on, it's not like they tore it in half, set it on fire and sent you the ashes.

It just had some slightly bent corners that are not even noticable when framed.
    I am grateful that I got stuff from Bagwell's 2,000th hit game. But MLB.com Auctions should take the same care that they did with the baseballs that I ordered as they did with the lineup card. And the corners were more than just slightly bent; it's hard to capture bent corners by means of a digital photograph.

If this were eBay and a seller damaged a 1/1 card because of a poor packing job, they would offer a partial refund. I've had this happen to me, and the card had a lot less damage than does the lineup card. Plus, two other people on this forum had similar issues. I hope to apply pressure on MLB.com Auctions, so they clean up their act.

I did follow up with the Seattle Mariners, and they forwarded me to MLB's office in San Francisco. The CA office told me that I needed to talk with their billing department tomorrow morning; I will definitely keep pressing with this case, until everything is resolved to my satisfaction. MLB.com Auctions ought to be accountable to the customer, and that is the bottom line.

Does anybody know of an MLB number where someone has had success complaining about MLB.com Auctions?

If I don't succeed tomorrow, I might have to go the BBB route.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

I ordered a game used red sox ball on 6/26, never received yet & customer service gives me the standard need more time garbage...looks like I am going to have my cc company fight this one for me.....

Arrow Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by maccamania View Post
    I ordered a game used red sox ball on 6/26, never received yet & customer service gives me the standard need more time garbage...looks like I am going to have my cc company fight this one for me.....
    That really sucks. As for my situation, after talking with MLB.com, they wrote the auctions site, and that was the only way I got a response. Here is what they said. Note - there was absolutely no offer of a partial refund. What do you guys think I should do? I love how they didn't even personally address it to me. Here's the letter:

Dear Fan,
    Thanks for your email.
    We apologize for the condition of your lineup card when it was received and we will will be sure to pack them differently in the future to make sure that they are better protected.
    Thanks for taking the time to write!
    Regards,
    MLB.com Auctions
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

MLB auctions does not have a refund policy is states all sales final. Your lineup card looks nice in the frame, forget about it. If you do not like the way MLB auctions treated you then do not use them.