Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

So I have my Dad pick up my packages from MLB.com auctions at DHL this evening. I ordered a lineup card and four baseballs. Luckily, the baseballs came fine. I would have wished that they had put the baseballs in cases, but they were wrapped nicely nonetheless.

But I am absolutely incensed by their wrapping job on my lineup card. They didn't even put it in a soft sleeve to protect the corners. And the two pieces of cardboard they surrounded it with didn't even fit the whole lineup card. All four of the corners were bent (the top two very badly), and I don't pay $150 to have a damaged lineup card.

What do I do? I want the lineup card, but it looks disgraceful. It would have cost them $1.00 to put it in a soft-sleeve so it wasn't damaged. Now I am out the money and I don't have a display-worthy lineup card. I will think twice before I buy from MLB.com Auctions in the future.

Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

I've had the same thing happen, the sad part is the people packaging the items don't see the item as we see it...to us its a treasure, to them just a job.

Question Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    I've had the same thing happen, the sad part is the people packaging the items don't see the item as we see it...to us its a treasure, to them just a job.
    What did you do? It's a lineup card from Jeff Bagwell's 2,000th career hit, and I don't want to return the lineup card. Do you know if there's a way that I can recuperate my money, or at least some of it?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

You should try contacting their customer service department to see if you can get some sort of coupon or discount for use on any item in the future.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

I had a similar bad experience with MLB. The problem is that there is no customer service phone number and the people who handle the emails are terrible. I ended up disputing the charge and returning the item. Its a shame because the quality of the items is good and you can't beat the authenticity.

You may be stuck unless you want to return the item. I would suggest calling your credit card company. They are probably your best bet. Unfortunately you will probably have to send it back for them to help.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    You may be stuck unless you want to return the item. I would suggest calling your credit card company. They are probably your best bet. Unfortunately you will probably have to send it back for them to help.
    The problem is that I don't want to return the item. It all could have been avoided if it were merely put into a soft-sleeve. Do you think requesting a partial refund might get me somewhere.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

I would not let this slide by talking to any old person in customer service. They will probably just tell you that they are sorry and there is nothing they can do, etc. I would request to speak with a manager or supervisor. If you feel strongly enough about this you need to let them know the poor job they did in shipping your item and how it got damaged. Who knows you might just get some of your money back. You never know unless you try.

Is there any small print in MLB.com auctions that says they are not responsible for items damaged in shipping? I would check that out first though.

Saw this on a description for a line-up card. Looks like you either have to keep it or possibly send it back for a refund:

Conditions of Sale top Items are sold in "as-is" condition. Due to the unique nature of each item, all sales are final. It is up to the discretion of MLB.com whether or not a return request will be accepted. In rare cases of shipping damages, please contact MLB.com Customer Service within 48 hours of delivery for return instructions.

While it sounds like this is a shipping issue, line-up cards are hung in dugouts and I have some with tack holes/tape marks and soft corners. I've seen others with tears/creases.
    K

Angry Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

I was asked for some pictures of the lineup card. Unfortunately for those interested in seeing the damage, it does not show up nearly as well in these scans as it does in person. Note: This lineup card is going to remain in my possession - I like it even though MLB.com didn't package it well. But here goes:

Banged Up Envelope - Bent On All Four Corners

Lineup Card With the Bad Top Corners

Close-Up Upper Left Corner

Close-Up Upper Right Corner

The bottom two corners are dinged, but not nearly as bad as the top two corners. The cardboard that was supposed to protect the lineup card was a full two inches shorter than the lineup card itself.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

I bet if you framed it it would look much better. Then the dinged corners wouldn't stand out as much. I would still contact MLB.com Auctions if I were you to voice your displeasure with the whole matter. Who knows maybe they will throw a gift certificate or something your way.

Hopefully everyone's Mother's Day bats make it through the shipping process w/o any issues.