Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

?Disaster? Avert...

We as collectors need to always be on guard for the pitfalls of impending disaster. My sports den in 18x25, so it takes up an area beneath our master bedroom and bath; note bath. When our son was a toddler he overlowed our toilet - water damage occurred in the form of blown out ceiling tiles. We have had at times leaky dishwasher (one wall snags a part of that.) Today, off on a medical leave, I bent down to fill the cats dish near the furnace and saw what I thought was water (furnace room adjacent to sports den). You guessed it, water was coming from condensate leak in furnace air conditioning which was going on a few days, made its way under the wall and dampened the carpet.

I'll take some steps to avert this, but totally averting problems is another. Hopefully we all take a few minutes to check things out daily. If not, perhaps this thread will net me a motivational speaker gig somewhere. I'm available...

Re: ?Disaster? Avert...

This will be good for a few laughs. I actually have a storm plan that was put to the test several months ago when a tornado passed by our neighborhood. While the wife and dog were shaking in an interior room I was stuffing part of my collection into a huge bag to the sounds of hail. I did it in 43 seconds. I'll have to work on that time.