Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

MLB auction prices

Is it me or are most of the prices crazy. I've been trying to finish a side collection of a batting helmet of all National league baseball teams and was watching the 2 Stl. helmets thinking I might join the fray when I saw them quickly jump 2 near $400 dollars from $150. Most helmets I've bought are in the $100 to $250 range for a semi star. I like Skip Shumaker, but $400 for a helmet or am I the crazy one. Just wondering what others opinions are. Are Stl. helmets particularly tough?

John

Banned

Re: MLB auction prices

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgers101 View Post
    Is it me or are most of the prices crazy. I've been trying to finish a side collection of a batting helmet of all National league baseball teams and was watching the 2 Stl. helmets thinking I might join the fray when I saw them quickly jump 2 near $400 dollars from $150. Most helmets I've bought are in the $100 to $250 range for a semi star. I like Skip Shumaker, but $400 for a helmet or am I the crazy one. Just wondering what others opinions are. Are Stl. helmets particularly tough?

John
    John, call the Cardnials and ask to speak to their memorabilia shop at the stadium. They sell all sorts of game used Cardnials stuff right at the ballpark.

Thanks What is the number and who are the contacts. Do you know if they sell helmets?

John

John i agree the prices on there are a little high, even some of the starting prices seem high. An Aaron harang bat just sold for $50 on ebay (low in my opinion) but mlb starts one out for $200 on the site.

Cardinals store had a few helmets a couple of months ago, a lot seemed to be unmarked and at a lower price. I don't have their number, but that would be your best bet.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

AWA85, thanks for the help too. I am however looking for a Cardinal helmet of a player that plays regularly. Not one with missing pieces or stickers. If anyone else has any info please let me know here or at my Email jonger@msn.com.

Thanks, John

I was at a game last week and they had a road and home Adam Kennedy helmet for 100 each. The also sell no number helmets for 50 each.

Email me for contact info if you want it.

Welcome the the world of St. Louis memorabilia collectors.

The Home Kennedy was gone when I went last week, and even though it was at $100, I considered buying it because I thought it was a good deal...then I remembered that AK has 2 home runs in 2 seasons as a 2007-08 Cardinal.

It gets frustrating sometimes collecting Cards stuff in general - just seems that there is not that much out there...and when it becomes available, it is either something that nobody wants, or something everybody wants.

I have a Home Cards helmet with no numbering if you are interested.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgers101 View Post

John
    If you still need a Marlin helmet I have a Cliff Floyd signed gamer available.

Thanks
    Mark
    mdube16@bellsouth.net