Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1947 Lincoln Athletics Jersey

Can I assume since this only went for the starting bid that this was not a legitimate jersey?

http://tinyurl.com/6djze4

I specifically collect Lincoln minor league memorabilia and had never seen any photos with the Lincoln A's wearing anything other than a jersey with the "A" on the left breast.

Re: 1947 Lincoln Athletics Jersey

I have no clue but for that price I would have bought it had I saw it. Nice display piece for the money. I have a photo from 1930 that has a player wearing same style jersey but the colors on the elephant are reversed (also has some letters on the left sleeve that I cannot decipher).
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

There was another one of these exact jerseys that just sold on ebay several months ago. I was going to bid, just because it looked sweet. However, I wound up buying something else and didn't have cash to spend on a jersey that didn't fit into my collection. If I remember correctly, that jersey sold for about the same price.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

I noticed the Rawlings tagging in the neck w/the size. Style of tag looked too recent. Could this be a replica?
    Paul