Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Ebay game used prices versus Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    I would be more than happy to pay $200 for a nice Joe Jackson B18 Blanket. Anyone selling?
    Are they good? I saw Ty Cobbs selling last week for $150.00 each, did Ty Cobb have more than one blanket?

There are many variations to the blankets in the set. I beleive Cobb has three one being more valuable than the rest. I picked up a beautiful Cobb and Walter Johnson blanket this past week, The Joe Jackson has always eluded me for some reason.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

I use eBay as a guage of what things are worth, but I can't necessarily go on there and find everything I want, particularly in something like game-used items.

If I find something that I want at a place like the National for more than it would sell for on eBay, I have to weigh how bad I want it versus the difference in price (which I do silently - as someone else said, I don't want to rub it in the dealer's face). Sometimes I pay the fee for not being able to locate it on eBay or for the convenience of purchasing it there and then, and sometimes I do not.

I like having both options.