Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!

I am going to make this statement and i want GUU to take it as postive feedback/suggestion. I really feel this site has succeeded due to it being FREE. Yeah there are pay features, and you get benefits for it.

However selling and trading occurs because people want to skip the ebay fees, same as with auction houses.

I fear if there are fees, especially significant ones people will not use this avenue....they will either go back to ebay or a new site will pop up.

A good example is there used to be a local website here where people shared info on autograph signings.... it went to a pay site...and since then 2 other free ones have popped up.

You all do a great job and i love this site, i think $ can be made on advertising and the auctions...the trade and sell between members, i feel, should be kept free.

These are my opinions, i mean them in the most positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    I am going to make this statement and i want GUU to take it as postive feedback/suggestion. I really feel this site has succeeded due to it being FREE. Yeah there are pay features, and you get benefits for it.

However selling and trading occurs because people want to skip the ebay fees, same as with auction houses.

I fear if there are fees, especially significant ones people will not use this avenue....they will either go back to ebay or a new site will pop up.

A good example is there used to be a local website here where people shared info on autograph signings.... it went to a pay site...and since then 2 other free ones have popped up.

You all do a great job and i love this site, i think $ can be made on advertising and the auctions...the trade and sell between members, i feel, should be kept free.

These are my opinions, i mean them in the most positive way.
    You make a lot of sense in your post. I kind of feel the same way, but as long as the fees arent too bad i would still make a few posts. If they are steep then good bye GUU. Maybe the people that are looking to buy items should just post them in the WANTED section and seller can find them that way. This of course would take a lot more time on both ends but in the end it would be free. Maybe somebody should start a new GU site.

Banned

I use to visit this forum daily.

Now if I visit once a week, I have been here too much. Being as this is my second post, I get to take a week off.

It's a shame it has evolved into just another business.

Enjoy your time at the Nationals Mr. Moderators. Perhaps you can drum up some new members for the ones you are losing daily.

Remember this:

This forum was originally created by Eric Stangel as a way to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post

Now if I visit once a week, I have been here too much. Being as this is my second post, I get to take a week off.

Enjoy your time at the Nationals Mr. Moderators. Perhaps you can drum up some new members for the ones you are losing daily.

Remember this:

This forum was originally created by Eric Stangel as a way to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other.
    AMEN!

Banned

One of the aspects that made this site so attractive was/is the Items for Sale section. When the section was open, most people appreciated the section and they would post responsibily by listing an item or two. That went along just fine until certain members decided they were going to start posting two or three posts at a time listing 50 plus items. Then to make matters worse, they would "bump" their posts day and after to keep their items at the top.

Whatever the forum owners decide to do is certainly fine with me. It is their forum and they pay the bills. I only hope that whatever they decide to do, they try and seperate the guys that are just trying to sell an item or two as opposed to those who try and run a business off of the back of the forum owners.

This thread is not meant to offend anyone - it's just my opinion.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

As someone that visits daily (although my numbers have come down a bit) it does seem like there is a little less traffic over the past few months. Does that not matter to the people that run the site? Money makes the world go round, but it was a site free for collectors. I started game used collecticng because I stumbled upon a post through a google search and now I am all out collector. Change is a good thing at times and we all could pay a few fees here and there, but think about the collector that you built this site for in the first place.

Once again, still waiting for any kind of reply at AWA85@live.com or on the board.

Thank you.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

I have a dream that fellow game used forum members will one day beable to sell their game used items on this great website again. They keep the truth from us, but we did not sign up to this site for this. So we need to fight for are right to party to get are rights back on this forum.

Well at least we could all come together and agree on this. On a serious note, does anybody know how to create a website? If so i think we should make another move. Please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post

Remember this:

Very well said Sammy ! I have missed reading your quality posts!

How hard can it be to start a new game used website?????
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Building a website is the easy part... Establishing your site as THE place for GU collectors to come is the hard part. Since Game Used Universe is already the biggest and best GU site out there, I would plead that they keep a free classifieds section in order to maintain their industry-leading status.

There are ways for the site to make money (auctions, premium areas), but I don't believe charging for "For Sale" posts should be one of them. I realize we are probably a bunch of cheap bastards, but it is the reality of internet forums today. Ask the owners of MySpace about friendly competition, and I'm sure they'll have a few stories to tell.

The owners here should poll their members and do a bit of research before changing one of the most popular features of this site. While the idea of a poll may sound silly, I know that members of internet communities are fickle and do what is best for themselves, even if it means finding or creating new forums.

By the way, my profession is marketing for one of the largest advertising companies in the nation. I don't claim to be an expert on the logistics of this forum, but it seems obvious that many members want the ability to do some simple free trading and selling in a forum they trust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com