Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!

But the thing that is pissing me off the most is none of the moderators have made a single post to the subject.

Guys,

Chris Cavalier called me this morning and asked that I make a post on his behalf, as he is having internet connectivity issues at the National. He will be posting a response tonight or early tomorrow.

Best,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    These changes are ridiculous. I'm a college student, and I don't think it's fair to make me pay $20 to merely list an item. How can you justify forcing a person like me, who wants to list one bat, to pay the same price as a dealer listing 150 items? Is this site about benefiting the collector, or making the powers that be profits?

I'm getting sick of this site's double-standards. The regular members on here get passes on the authenticity of their items, whereas non-members are amenable to mud-slinging. I've heard scare stories about members selling fake items, yet people pretending that nothing has happened because they contribute to this forum.
    That's an excellent point... Why not give each member five or ten free "For Sale" posts every year? If you list more items than that per year, maybe you should pay a few bucks to help out the site. If a person is caught abusing the privilege with multiple accounts, they can be banned from the site until they pay?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    That's an excellent point... Why not give each member five or ten free "For Sale" posts every year? If you list more items than that per year, maybe you should pay a few bucks to help out the site. If a person is caught abusing the privilege with multiple accounts, they can be banned from the site until they pay?
    See now this is problem solving, everybody is putting in some really good ideas. Now im curious as to what will really happen here, Chris whenever you post about this can you please include hows the platform will work with fees and all?

Funny.... I just re-read the post about how the new "Items for sale" section would be up and running anytime now and this was posted last November.I also read the post on the new GUU Fall auction coming soon , so don't expect an Items for sale section to be up any time soon.I keep checking every so often to see if the Sale section is going to be resurrected ,but I never see any new info. This crap is getting old. I also used to visit this site everyday because of the Items for Sale section. Now maybe once or twice a week. Personally I don't want to have to pay to post a jersey for sale every once in awhile. It should be a free site. I also am not interested in auctions because just about anything in auctions winds up being too expensive for me anyway.
    It also seems silly to have a section for people to post what they want when there isn't a section to sell items.You know the old saying "Shit or get off the pot!"
    Paul

Banned

I was at the National Saturday and stopped over by the GUU both. I was able to ask Chris Cavalier when he thought the for sale section would be up and running. He told me himself that it wouldn't be up for several more weeks and that they are still working out some problems with the new system. He also told me that to be able to sell anything on this forum you would have to send your items into GUU for review by them to see if your items are the real deal or not before they can be listed on this site. His reason for this was to make sure that GUU name wouldn't be run through the mud with bad items being sold on their site. So if you have one item or twenty for sale you would have to send them in first for their approval before you can post them on here. Please let me know what everyone thinks about this!!!!
    Thanks,
    Jamie

terrible.

I miss the days where i could browse a list of bats and jerseys to see if i liked anything. Now nobody is going to waste thier time sending the site stuff when they can just go to ebay if they want to sell it that bad. I think the people who regularly browse this forum can tell the diference between legit and bogus items. Its called doing you're homework and not letting a web site do it for you. 75% less stuff will be for sale if this happens but i guess any for sale section is better than none. I also hope the sellers prove me wrong and go through the trouble of getting it sent to the memorabilia gods for approval but i know i can truthfully say i wont be doing that.

I just couldnt bring myself to send in a John Taube graded bat or an MLB authenticated jersey just to wait and see if GUU lets me sell it. I would think i would have enough authentication already.

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    He also told me that to be able to sell anything on this forum you would have to send your items into GUU for review by them to see if your items are the real deal or not before they can be listed on this site. His reason for this was to make sure that GUU name wouldn't be run through the mud with bad items being sold on their site. So if you have one item or twenty for sale you would have to send them in first for their approval before you can post them on here. Please let me know what everyone thinks about this!!!!
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    That doesn't sound very practical to me. The powers of GUU are now experts enough in all major sports to be able to authenticate all items to be sold via this Forum? Since I am mostly a hockey guy, which doesn't appear to be as popular as football and baseball on here are, they are that knowledgable in hockey stuff (prior to the NHL/Meigray deal which takes most of the homework out of it) to make an accurate assessment? What about the possibility of sent items getting lost and never making it there? If the statement above is accurate it sounds like selling through this Forum is going to be more trouble then it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    I was at the National Saturday and stopped over by the GUU both. I was able to ask Chris Cavalier when he thought the for sale section would be up and running. He told me himself that it wouldn't be up for several more weeks and that they are still working out some problems with the new system. He also told me that to be able to sell anything on this forum you would have to send your items into GUU for review by them to see if your items are the real deal or not before they can be listed on this site. His reason for this was to make sure that GUU name wouldn't be run through the mud with bad items being sold on their site. So if you have one item or twenty for sale you would have to send them in first for their approval before you can post them on here. Please let me know what everyone thinks about this!!!!
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    I really hope this is not true, the is a horrible idea. I have things i would like the list on here but there is no way i would ever actually send my stuff in to be checked out. Its just a waste of time for everyone who have been waiting long enough. If this really in the new platform then i doubt there will be to much for sale items.

Hello Everyone,

Spending time at the National has confirmed my belief that the collecting community is seeing GUU as a place collectors can come to get quality merchandise without concerns about legitimacy, etc.

While we have been working on getting the platform ready, we have been discussing the issue of allowing any and all items to be posted on the site without our review and the potential implications of doing so. For example, we have recently been accused of allowing someone to be "ripped off" by a GUU forum member when the ‘For Sale’ section was available. The person said the items he purchased were not good and asked us to get his money back. While we mentioned that we never even saw the merchandise and that the transaction was between him and the buyer, he decided to make public posts accusing us of allowing bad items to be sold on the site.

The GUU name in the hobby is gaining enormous credibility and it is not something we are willing to risk by allowing potentially suspect items to be posted on the site over which we would have no control. To be very honest, we are still trying to figure out if there is a way to make things work in way that doesn't jeopardize the GUU brand or its name. I know some will say if someone sells an item to someone else through the site that will be between the buyer and the seller. However, we know empirically that is not true since we have already been publicly accused of allowing someone to be "ripped off" in a transaction for which we had no part.

We know at this point we will definitely be allowing people to list items on the site that GUU has approved and certified. We are also considering all the implications of people listing items on their own but we are not willing to do it if it affects the perception of GUU in general. This is still being discussed I am not 100% sure where it will net out. We are not interested in a scenario where potentially suspect items can be sold through GUU. Absent our involvement to make sure items are properly evaluated, item descriptions are accurate, the right item gets shipped to the winning bidder, etc., I'm not sure how to protect buyers from the problems the face elsewhere.

Bottom line, at this point we will be launching a system soon that will allow for the posting of items that have been evaluated. Beyond that, we are discussing the potential of other options. However, any other option will have to create a system where the buyer is protected in every way from the problems they can encounter other places in the hobby.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions