Re: Question on new classified

mlb.com makes a pretty quick buck.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    mlb.com makes a pretty quick buck.
    They actually give 90% of proceeds to charity. I am happy that I can get a game-used item and still have my money still go to a good cause.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    The problem is that I am left
    The irony is I actually agree with Frik's political views 100%. I have already admitted that i'm a wanna-be subversive radical (and that is no joke).

I expose the fact that certain dealers are out only for profits.
    As opposed to the dealers who sell items for less than they paid...just for kicks?

I wish there was an ignore button on this site........................
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    I wish there was an ignore button on this site........................
    There is!

Click User CP (blue Bar on top part of screen)
    Click under Miscellaneous: Buddy/Ignore Lists

Enter new user to list!

Suggestion for the new classified, maybe GUU should require all for sale items to be posted with a picture. That way all members can see an item rather then just who is interested. it will enable members to better police the items by having more partys view it and give a opinion based on a visual examination rather the just name recognition. It may also deter people "dealers" from mass posting due to the fact it would take them more time and effort to post.
    Thanks For Reading Scott

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    Suggestion for the new classified, maybe GUU should require all for sale items to be posted with a picture. That way all members can see an item rather then just who is interested. it will enable members to better police the items by having more partys view it and give a opinion based on a visual examination rather the just name recognition. It may also deter people "dealers" from mass posting due to the fact it would take them more time and effort to post.
    Thanks For Reading Scott
    That's not a bad idea. Sounds good to me.

I have spoken to some collectors that look at the site but don't Post because they don't want all the drama that goes with Posts here.

In my opinion, it is Threads like this that turn people away.

Frik, you have made some good contributions in the past but recently the Posts have been very Off Topic. We certainly don't need to hear about your political views as there are enough Forums where you can do that.

I think if Chris was limiting items to $500 or less so he could get them on his Auction he is shortsighted as he would have homefield advantage to look at premium items and try to get the sellers to put them on the auction. Just my opinion.

As far as dealers go, I would be a dealer under the current system that can't sell on here, but it is good to keep some away who don't contribute to the site but would only want to use this as their personal listing site and that would not be good. I think dealers that have posted 500 or more times have shown they have contributed and should be allowed to Post on the "For Sale". Chris, what do you think of that idea?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

They actually give 90% of proceeds to charity. I am happy that I can get a game-used item and still have my money still go to a good cause.
    Please show me exactly where MLB.com gives "90% of proceeds to charity." Some of their GU listings, the proceeds from a particular Line Up card for example will go to that particular teams charity, but please show me where MLB.com themselves (the entity actually holding the auction) gives 90% to charity of their cut. And thinking this yourself, when you bitched to them enough to actually get some money back on that Bagwell, lineup card, that you were taking money away from these so called "good causes?"

Banned

Frik, while I understand and even share in your concerns, your way of presenting your points is coming across as sabre rattling, and over the top. You're just working your way toward a ban no one will argue over with your views getting lost in the process.

The bottom line IMHO is that the limit is principally motivated by the desire to channel higher valued items into the auctions. I've been a business man for 25 years and that's extremely clear to me. The other reasons given are so far down the list as to be nearly irrelevant, even to some extent on the liability concerns. IMHO there is FAR more liability exposure in just offering the forums because of the perennial criticisms (usually well founded) against bad product and bad people populating the industry which could generate legal backlash.

Alot of the recent unrest here seems to me to be based on some of us waking up to the fact that GUU has now shed its altruistic clothing to become a for-profit business, and that shifting management decisions altering the landscape here are now business driven. Personally, I now view the forums as a loss leader, a part of The GUU Auction House's marketing plan to attract potential auction clients, and that will forever affect how I look at and feel about these forums.

If others are reacting that way as well, I understand.

Does it mean the forums will lose their value to the community? Likely not so long as Chris continues to exercise some sensitivity and light handedness in administration of the thing. A few too many bans or other actions appearing profit driven, however, will most certainly drive some away seeking the non-profit environment this once seemed like.