Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

at national right now.....

went to the National last night and it's not that good...at least for game used stuff

Game Used Universe's booth has the best stuff if you like football

The Cowboys and Redskins stuff is absolutely incredible!!!!!

I spent some time talking with Chris and Rob yesterday and it was so refreshing talking with such class acts

keep up the great work guys!!!!!

Re: at national right now.....

Lund,

Can you tell me if there were any older Oakland A's uniforms '68 to '76?? I was going to make the four hour trip on Friday morning, but if the game used material is weak, I will just stay home until next year when it is back in Cleveland.

Thanks for the info,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache Gang View Post
    Lund,

Can you tell me if there were any older Oakland A's uniforms '68 to '76?? I was going to make the four hour trip on Friday morning, but if the game used material is weak, I will just stay home until next year when it is back in Cleveland.

Thanks for the info,

Mark
    Hi Mark...I actually came home this evening, and I can't recall if there were any A's flannels...sorry

this will be the last National that I go to, unless it's in LA or Vegas...it's not like the old days when there was a lot of great stuff for sale..now there's a handfull of guys just showing what's in their next auction

What kind of Cowboys stuff did they have? I was talking to Chris through e-mail about Eddie George items, but he stopped replying. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Hi Mark...I actually came home this evening, and I can't recall if there were any A's flannels...sorry

this will be the last National that I go to, unless it's in LA or Vegas...it's not like the old days when there was a lot of great stuff for sale..now there's a handfull of guys just showing what's in their next auction
    I met with friends Rob Steinmetz and Erik Bakalar Wed night, did the National Thursday as I usually do. Fewer GU dealers every year, very weak. Alot of cards. If it were not for closing out a deal, seeing friends, I'd have viewed the trip as a waste of time. When all the guys I usually talk to were occupied Thursday night, I got in my truck and made the 350 mile trip home...

has anybody have any updates on the national moving to baltimore in 2010?it would be great 5 min away from house! any updates i know they said they are going to have the dealers vote. come to baltimore plenty of things to do in the inner harbor.

1stroundko

Question Re: at national right now.....

a billion cards, at least and very little game used material. I overheard dealers looking at the doors in the afternoon and saying "when are they going to open the doors and let the people in" and another pair joking that they were going to start bowling down the aisles to occupy their time. Maybe its the economy, maybe its the fact that there are a billion cards and not enough people to buy them, or maybe it is just because it is Thursday. I feel better being a game used collector in a soft market because there is so little material than I would being a card collector with a billion cards for sale.
    Do the collectors reading here agree that the soft economy is allowing them to see more good stuff for sale at better prices?

I agree that the slow attendance I saw today can be attributed in part to the soft economy and Thursday - but I have bought ALOT of GU since last November and I can't say I have seen it effect the pricing I see at all... Good stuff is still that, and if you want it you have to pay...

Quote Originally Posted by 1stroundko View Post
    a billion cards, at least and very little game used material. I overheard dealers looking at the doors in the afternoon and saying "when are they going to open the doors and let the people in" and another pair joking that they were going to start bowling down the aisles to occupy their time. Maybe its the economy, maybe its the fact that there are a billion cards and not enough people to buy them, or maybe it is just because it is Thursday. I feel better being a game used collector in a soft market because there is so little material than I would being a card collector with a billion cards for sale.
    Do the collectors reading here agree that the soft economy is allowing them to see more good stuff for sale at better prices?
    I have seen and purchased more unique Mariners items in the past 2 months than I have in the past 2 years. Some items I am paying top dollar for but the simple fact they are available speaks to the economy. Its funny but several items I have picked up were from people with a perception things were getting bad and didn't necessarily need money right now?? It is amazing how people react to perception and feel more comfortable with cash. It appears perception truly is reality to many. It has finally reached a point where I have more unique or incredibly affordable items lined up than I can buy. I am doing my best to get it all but jeez!!!!! Enjoy the ride if and while you can because more and more items are being consolidated into collections like mine where they will remain until they liquidate my estate....hopefully sometime way down the road!!!

Thanks!
    Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mariner_gamers View Post
    I have seen and purchased more unique Mariners items in the past 2 months than I have in the past 2 years. Some items I am paying top dollar for but the simple fact they are available speaks to the economy. Its funny but several items I have picked up were from people with a perception things were getting bad and didn't necessarily need money right now?? It is amazing how people react to perception and feel more comfortable with cash. It appears perception truly is reality to many. It has finally reached a point where I have more unique or incredibly affordable items lined up than I can buy. I am doing my best to get it all but jeez!!!!! Enjoy the ride if and while you can because more and more items are being consolidated into collections like mine where they will remain until they liquidate my estate....hopefully sometime way down the road!!!

Thanks!
    Davis
    Your collection is like mine. I don't move things often. I plan on creating a will where I will ask my kids to hold onto certain pieces so they can be carried on. As passionate as I have been with all this for 30 years - I would hope they'd do me that favor (son and daughter).