Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manny a Dodger!

Re: Manny a Dodger!

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Being that I'm a Yankee fan, I don't like the Red Sox. With that said, I don't see why people come down on Manny. Yes, he's a character, but I don't see where he is that much of a problem. Good bat. Average defense. Pitchers still fear him.

Why get rid of him now? Stupid. But thanks Boston, we Yankees fans appeciate it!
    Very well said, I would compare jason bay's numbers to that of jason giambi's. Now with that said, neither player could even be closely compared to manny. I would much rather manny on my team then giambi. Also Manny was the official yankee killer, and without him im sure we will win many more series against the loser sox. Great Trade Boston!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield11 View Post
    Very well said, I would compare jason bay's numbers to that of jason giambi's. Now with that said, neither player could even be closely compared to manny. I would much rather manny on my team then giambi. Also Manny was the official yankee killer, and without him im sure we will win many more series against the loser sox. Great Trade Boston!
    Not sure how closely you have followed the situation but Manny forced the trade by bitching about his contract and asking not to play in games(claiming he was hurt etc..) Had they not traded him it was a good possibility that he would have stopped playing altogether(like he did a few seasons ago). Physical altercations, pushing down the 60+ year old Red Sox employee, and dogging it in the field and on the basepaths didn't help either. I'd rather have Bay in left field than anyone they had in-house.

As for the Yankees winning "more series against the loser Sox" we'll see in October when it matters- and the last time they did meet the Yanks blew a 3-0 lead if I remember correctly, I think it's the biggest choke in baseball history or something like that...
    kelly
    kelspeck@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post

As for the Yankees winning "more series against the loser Sox" we'll see in October when it matters- and the last time they did meet the Yanks blew a 3-0 lead if I remember correctly, I think it's the biggest choke in baseball history or something like that...
    kelly
    kelspeck@gmail.com
    LOL very true, but dont forget, manny was a big part in that. I believe he won a little award called WS MVP? But im sure Jason Bay will fill those shoes.

as for the choke I'll give you that, but isn't the New York to Boston World series ratio like 7-1.

Maybe we should change the name of this forum to the ESGUN or Eastern Seaboard Game Used Network.

It's painfully obvious Manny had to go. If AROD had pulled that crap in New York, you Yankee lovers would want him gone too. I don't care how good a player Manny is. If you quit on your team like he did in 2006 and was getting ready to do this year, you have to go.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Being a huge Manny fan, I was really dissapointed of his actions on and off the field this season. I do agree he was selfish and put himself first before the team, I think the Red Sox will be a better team without him and will rebound, Jason Bay coming over from the Pirates is hitting .282, with 22 HR's, 64 rbi's and 7 SB's, so he's no slouch. Dont count the Red Sox out, still a lot of games to be played!

Bobby
    You are so right by saying that the Sox will be better without him. You don't think some Bosox players are quietly loving this? Jason Bay is a heck of a ballplayer and will fit in nicely especially now that he's on a competitive team. Manny surely has the record for the longest singles in the history of the game, some 400+ feet. (sorry Bobby) Now's a great time to get Manny's Sox items, I'm sure they'll nose dive.

I hear Jack McCormick the traveling secretary for the Red Sox can come out of hiding!!!!

Dodgers travel to Washington at the end of August! See you then!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

The Tampa Bay Rays in first place in the AL East last time I checked? The Yankees are in a three team race. The Red Sox are the least of their problems

There's rivalry and then theres reality.

David

I'll bet Bobby will get the 1st Manny game used Dodgers bat(lol) He probably already has it preordered(lol). Bobby let me know if you are trading any Manny Red Sox bats.
    Thanks,
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    Maybe we should change the name of this forum to the ESGUN or Eastern Seaboard Game Used Network.

It's painfully obvious Manny had to go. If AROD had pulled that crap in New York, you Yankee lovers would want him gone too. I don't care how good a player Manny is. If you quit on your team like he did in 2006 and was getting ready to do this year, you have to go.
    Very true about, but thats only because we already hate him . If it was anybody else who was still producing it wouldnt bother me, but arod would need to go, LOL