Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manny a Dodger!

Banned

Re: Manny a Dodger!

I personally am glad to see Manny go.

Here's the way I see it: Manny had quite an advantage in batting average with runners in scoring position but with that say, both of their averages were pretty much even for the 2008 season.

So when you factor in there are just two Months left in the season, a motivated player versus Manny, the Red Sox made out very well. Hopefully the Red Sox machine will once again fire on all cylinders and it should be a very interesting ending for the 2008 season.

Jim

The Rays will not win the east maybe the wild card over the red sox.

And for the yankees choke in 2004, i would rather take one choke instead of all the chokes the red soxs have had over the years.

As a 30 year sox fan, this is all hard to take, as there was no good outcome for the fans or Theo.

In order to take the high ground as a team, I hoped they would control him, but they can't. Still, he might have produced for the last few months just because he cares about his wallet most, and he drives down his free agency value by doggin' it with the eyes of the world on him.

But Sox mgmt caved and Manny won. The Borass tactics worked. On the bright side, though they are weaker this year, they start next year in a better position with Bay under contract for another year at $7 mil. They have budget to buy a new free agent star.

As to whether the Manny bats get cheaper, they might drop in the short term (they peaked around the time he hit #500 and some 2007 bats sold over $2000), but in the longer term, the 2004-2007 Red Sox period was golden and there will be no new Manny Red Sox gamers hitting the market. Lots of demand (look at you all hittin' up Bobby for bats already) and no new supply.

Matt

I wonder if his red sox helmet is gonna hit the market?

I know after he hit number 500 he donated the helmet he used for the last several years to the HOF. Maybee steiner will get the one he used for the last month or so.

Anthony

Could anyone tell what the engaving on his bat was for his first game as a Dodger? I found a bunch of pics, but none showed the entire thing. I'm wondering if he was using a bat that still said Red Sox, if it said Dodgers, or if it said just his name.

Name:  82156396.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  36.3 KB

it says "diamond elite", manny does not have a contract with Nike

Quote Originally Posted by maccamania View Post
    it says "diamond elite", manny does not have a contract with Nike
    Thanks for the info. I guess those were some of the only bats he had around that didn't have the Red Sox on them.

Do you know which companies he DOES have a contract with? I'm curious as to which companies will be making Manny Dodger bats that he will be using in games.

Manny's appearance in the Ravine last night certainly provoked a lot of hype, ticket sales and camera flashes....but he didn't help the Dodgers gain any ground on the Diamondbacks. Bouncing into that double play in the 9th sent more folks to the parking lot than the last major earthquake. Oh, and we got a great look at Manny's outfield "defense", as well.