Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ortiz says union told him of 2003 positive test

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    There were also players who played with him back then that said he didn't. Hearsay...hearsay! Proof is in the pudding!

Tony this isn't personal with you or Arod.. I just want to point out Arod didn't admit to anything he got caught. I clearly remenber he flat out lied to the public when Katie Couric called him out on national TV, he said he had never been overmatched on the baseball field and had never taken steroids. Come to find out later he tested positive, he had no choice but to admit it at that point. What he told Peter Gammons was carefully scripted, the questions and answers were calculated. He couldn't deny, he couldn't say he did once, so he narrowed it to a 3 year period. I persoanlly think he has used them before and after that time frame. His numbers were unbelievable before and after the Rangers. Why would he take them for 3 years if they didn't help I think he's full of it. That just me.

I honestly don't think a player should admit to it because it tarnishes their legacy. I don't think admitting it does them any good. Take it to theier grave. I don't believe that any player not on the 104 list, will come out and admit it. They will just feel like they dodged a bullet.

Pete Rose denied for years he bet on baseball. Loyal fans believed him and supported him. I believe he felt that he would make the HOF if he just claim clean. Now not only is he not in the Hall, now even his loyal fans who didn't want to believe it, have to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Tony this isn't personal with you or Arod.. I just want to point out Arod didn't admit to anything he got caught. I clearly remenber he flat out lied to the public when Katie Couric called him out on national TV, he said he had never been overmatched on the baseball field and had never taken steroids. Come to find out later he tested positive, he had no choice but to admit it at that point. What he told Peter Gammons was carefully scripted, the questions and answers were calculated. He couldn't deny, he couldn't say he did once, so he narrowed it to a 3 year period. I persoanlly think he has used them before and after that time frame. His numbers were unbelievable before and after the Rangers. Why would he take them for 3 years if they didn't help I think he's full of it. That just me.

I honestly don't think a player should admit to it because it tarnishes their legacy. I don't think admitting it does them any good. Take it to theier grave. I don't believe that any player not on the 104 list, will come out and admit it. They will just feel like they dodged a bullet.

Pete Rose denied for years he bet on baseball. Loyal fans believed him and supported him. I believe he felt that he would make the HOF if he just claim clean. Now not only is he not in the Hall, now even his loyal fans who didn't want to believe it, have to believe it.
    Understand. Who would admit to doing wrong, unless they got caught? Only negative could come out of it.

Pals David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez are at a loss for words about why they tested positive for PEDs in '03: Hopefully they'll find the words...I did it!

“I’m honestly going to tell you guys what’s up,” Ortiz told the media cluster around him. “Right now, I have no answers. I’ve got no information.” I laughed at this. Have no answers? How about you did it! Or maybe someone put something in your coffee.

As a prior Legal Officer, I can tell you that as many Sailors I processed for testing positive on a urinalysis test, not one admitted doing it. Not one!

Rose only admitted betting because it was going to be proved at the hearing. They even had his fingerprints on the betting slips. He was nailed. We can make a moral argument the players ought to admit it. But for their own sakes they ought to tell the truth when they are caught. A guy looks much worse if he also appears to be a liar. Wonder what the response would be if a player said sure I used, baseball hadn't banned it at the time and a substantial number of players I was going against were using. Which is the truth.

Big Papi + Manny + juice = Red Sox 2004, 2007 Champs....

Now i get it

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    Big Papi + Manny + juice = Red Sox 2004, 2007 Champs....

Now i get it
    I think we should be loath to impute all the blame to the Red Sox, and thus discredit their entire World Series victories. Many other players on many other teams, including the Yankees, were hardly clean. Don't let your hatred of Boston cloud a fair appraisal of the steroids debacle.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Do you guys think it will be the Union, too, that tells Pooh-Pee that his career has just essentially ended in utter disgrace?

I wonder if he'll ask his English-literate friend Manny to list his Ferrari on ebay for him next year, like Manny did with his own barbeque?

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Understand. Who would admit to doing wrong, unless they got caught? Only negative could come out of it.
    Don't tell Bronson Arroyo that!! He admits to doing amphetamines with no known positive test.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    Don't tell Bronson Arroyo that!! He admits to doing amphetamines with no known positive test.
    Read that this morning. Maybe he believes if he admits it now, before his name comes up, it will ease the negativity. It's taking a big chance, but I have to agree with him doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    Arroyo, who played for the Boston Red Sox from 2003-05, was quoted in Friday’s Boston Herald as saying he took androstenedione and amphetamines, which could have produced positive tests.

“Before (2004), none of us paid attention to what we took,” said Arroyo, who said he started to take androstenedione in 1998, when he was in Pittsburgh’s farm system. “That’s why I said anybody could be on the list. Back then, nobody knew what was in the stuff, because the (Federal Drug Administration) wasn’t regulating all of it.”

“I’d take anything I can get from (a nutrition store) if you tell me it would make me better on the field,” said Arroyo, acquired by the Reds in spring training of 2006. “Of course I took an (amphetamine) on a day game—a 12:35 game pitching against Johan Santana(notes).”

There’s plenty of things that guys would like to take that we’re not allowed to any more,” he said. “Honestly, I would love to not take any of the supplements I take. I’d love to wake up in the morning and have some fruit and a bowl of cereal and have a good lunch, and maybe take a multivitamin for the day, but the reality is, I’m probably not going to be as good a major league pitcher if I do.”