Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: AWA85 - Banned???

to those members that thought the e-mail was "offensive", could they please post the way in which they only recieve mail that they have solicited. i would love to have my spam folder empty... and what did happen to the new platform that was to be the site of the "new" for sale banner??? regards Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    I was choosing to stay out of this, but have one simple comment in the form of a question.

What is the difference in receiving an e-mail from a member offering some hobby information versus an e-mail from this site offering their exclusive Dallas Cowboys deal?

I don't even collect game used football items so I felt that more spam than Adam's email. Isn't a mass e-mail to all members the definition of spam? Am I the only one that received that Cowboys e-mail?

what a great comment, because i too was going to remain on the sidelines, but youve prompted me to reply.

after reading this i am wondering what the difference is.

i know rules are rules, but it hardly makes any sense to me.

im not for or against either party on this issue however, if i receive an email that i choose not to read, i delete it. end of story.

i have also sent "unsolicited" emails with the purpose of helping out members on certain items or issues. i dont think its spamming or malicious.

i also think the rule is too black and white. a rule like that inherently has tons of gray area and is left to interpretation by some that dont fully understand what is being implied.

my two cents.

i'll hang up and listen.

anyone gonna post the new website here or is that against the rules??? Jeff

Would someone please send me the website to this new page, because i'm sure its illegal to post it on here. Thanks

Billyu40@hotmail.com

Its not a new site. Its Tim's bat site which he himself has posted about on here before.

www.hofbats.com

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    Guys

I have no stake in this but I wanted to add some thoughts. Some of the mods are and have been paying to run this site so it can be free. In exchange for that, rules were developed which everyone agreed to when they signed up.

Believe it or not, since they're paying the expenses, they have the right to 1) make the rules and 2) make some money back so things can keep moving forward.

Also, people have been making an unfair leap. If someone breaks the rules, they get suspended. No one said he was banned forever.

I enjoy everyone's participation on this forum, including when there's a difference of opinions. I just thought I'd throw mine in.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I spent my 50 bucks or whatever to be a "Premium" member. Listing a few items here for sale shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I still don't see how they are responsible for someone getting ripped off. People get ripped of on eBay, Craigslist, ect, ect everyday. Those sites aren't held responsible. A simple disclaimer would do. As someone said before..."Do your homework"

This can go on forever.

Again, bottom line: A simple warning or slap on the hand should have been enough.

Suspended? Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    I was choosing to stay out of this, but have one simple comment in the form of a question.

What is the difference in receiving an e-mail from a member offering some hobby information versus an e-mail from this site offering their exclusive Dallas Cowboys deal?

I don't even collect game used football items so I felt that more spam than Adam's email. Isn't a mass e-mail to all members the definition of spam? Am I the only one that received that Cowboys e-mail?
    Got that email... and the one from Dave about the new forum he is creating.

I would be interested in the targets of Adam's emails and Dave's emails. I have not talked to either person before. If I minded getting emails from other members, I certainly would not post mine in my signature.

I get unsolicited emails ALL THE TIME from people who have seen my collection in my signature - and want to buy stuff from me...or have questions that they would like answers to. I have the ability to ignore it if I want to...and even send all future emails directly into my trash bin for permanent riddance.

There have also been times where I have offered something (unsolicited) to another member(s) by using the email addy in their signature. I figure that's why they put it there.

Tim's site is just bats. He is one of the more sophisticated bat guys I know - I'm just suprised that someone was so offended by Adam's email that caused one of the Mods to ban him (for any length of time). Usually when someone breaks a rule, Rob, Eric or Chris simply creates a new post and embarrasses the person while proving the point. It usually works.

I'm not upset about it, just trying to understand. Rules are rules I guess...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

do you think elite or locker room memorabilia have ever done what awa did. i get emails from both of these companies and have never signed up for crap.