Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Re: AWA85 - Banned???

Quote Originally Posted by ham1963 View Post
    You must not pay to much attenetion check out this link

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=17865

John
    Did something get deleted? I don't see anything there besides baseball talk. Then again, this is my first time looking, because I grew up in Seattle and so easily get sick of hearing about Griffey.

What was said?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Exclamation Re: AWA85 - Banned???

We really shouldn't be banning 23-year-olds; they are the future of this hobby.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: AWA85 - Banned???

These admins have to much power. They dont give two sh*ts what we think. When we stand up against them all they will do is ban us. Cigarman44 is right its just like communism(messed up).

The reason AWA85 was banned was because he took email addresses off the GUU site and sent those members an unsolicited email. While I will not comment on the ethics of such behavior, I will tell you that, not only did we receive feedback from a number of members who did not appreciate receiving the email, such actions will not be tolerated on GUU.

Contrary to the posts on this thread which, of course, were made without an understanding of the situation, we do not ban members without just cause.

If anyone has any questions they can feel free to email me directly.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    The reason AWA85 was banned was because he took email addresses off the GUU site and sent those members an unsolicited email. While I will not comment on the ethics of such behavior, I will tell you that, not only did we receive feedback from a number of members who did not appreciate receiving the email, such actions will not be tolerated on GUU.

Contrary to the posts on this thread which, of course, were made without an understanding of the situation, we do not ban members without just cause.

Who would tell the moderators of such a thing? He was only trying to help people. We should Ban those who told on Him.

Their called Rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield11 View Post
    Who would tell the moderators of such a thing? He was only trying to help people. We should Ban those who told on Him.

I think that it was Mrs. Marblethorpe in the library with a letter opener.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post

I guess I dont understand. Someone was telling people where they can go trade and sell in FREE ENTERPRISE and you banned them.

Sounds like communism to me.

FWIW Im a member of HOFbats.com and have bought bats from Tim. Great site and great person to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    Sounds like communism to me.
    When you own a business, you sometimes have to make tough decisions and sometimes those decisions have adverse results.

Chris made a decision he says was due to breaking rules. He doesn't need a judge or jury to say he was right and maybe he will change his mind down the road or maybe he won't.

The bigger problem as I see it which I stated before are key members who aren't participating to the magnitude they were before.

Any thoughts on why that may be the case?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    When you own a business, you sometimes have to make tough decisions and sometimes those decisions have adverse results.

Chris made a decision he says was due to breaking rules. He doesn't need a judge or jury to say he was right and maybe he will change his mind down the road or maybe he won't.

The bigger problem as I see it which I stated before are key members who aren't participating to the magnitude they were before.

Any thoughts on why that may be the case?
    Hello Andrew,

First, regarding the banning, sending unsolicited emails to members who have posted their email addresses on the site is wrong, period. I have already received comments that people are now reluctant to post their email addresses on the site because they don't want to receive emails for things they haven't requested. This is not good for the site or those who participate. If anyone does it in the future the result will be the same. In fact, I have already received an email from Adam apologizing for what he did and admitting it was wrong. I applaud him for being mature enough to admit is mistake and apologizing.

As for the posting on the site, I don't think the site as slowed down nor do the site statistics suggest anything along those lines. In fact, at the National I have had tons of people (including people who only read the forum and don't post) tell me what we are doing is the greatest thing for the hobby. In fact, someone from the FBI did introduce himself to me at the show but only to tell me that they read this forum and it has helped them understand more about the hobby. Personally, I think the efforts of those who participate here have helped take the hobby in a positive direction that will not be reversed and I respect everyone who posts here in an effort to make that happen.

Please let me know if that answers your question.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions