Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Question AWA85 - Banned???

I was reading an old thread on an Adam Dunn gamer, when I saw under his username that AWA85 had been banned. What is the reason for this? I remember that he was my age (23), and he always had interesting things to say about the game-used hobby. Why is this valuable member of our collecting community now banned? I read many of AWA85's posts, and I cannot discover any grounds for his banning.

What is going on here?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: AWA85 - Banned???

You must not pay to much attenetion check out this link

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=17865

John

I bet it has something to do with his posts in the thread (Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!). Their going to ban everyone that made a post in that thread because they know were onto their plan and they need to get rid of the proof.

Ham - Looks like he was banned today so the question is why????

Very good posts by him in the past. It is a shame to see valuable members not on the site as much too.

I can think of 3 that aren't posting as much lately namely Rudy, Reid, and Brett.

Those are 3 guys that I always looked forward daily to reading their posts.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Thumbs up Re: AWA85 - Banned???

GUU is just getting into the spirit of the Olympics. Communism is big in China. If you say the wrong thing your dead! Guess I'll be gone soon for this post. Awe shucks...

Question Re: AWA85 - Banned???

Quote Originally Posted by ham1963 View Post
    You must not pay to much attenetion check out this link

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=17865

John
    Did something get deleted? I don't see anything there besides baseball talk. Then again, this is my first time looking, because I grew up in Seattle and so easily get sick of hearing about Griffey.

What was said?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Exclamation Re: AWA85 - Banned???

We really shouldn't be banning 23-year-olds; they are the future of this hobby.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

These admins have to much power. They dont give two sh*ts what we think. When we stand up against them all they will do is ban us. Cigarman44 is right its just like communism(messed up).

The reason AWA85 was banned was because he took email addresses off the GUU site and sent those members an unsolicited email. While I will not comment on the ethics of such behavior, I will tell you that, not only did we receive feedback from a number of members who did not appreciate receiving the email, such actions will not be tolerated on GUU.

Contrary to the posts on this thread which, of course, were made without an understanding of the situation, we do not ban members without just cause.

If anyone has any questions they can feel free to email me directly.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Exclamation Re: AWA85 - Banned???

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    These admins have to much power. They dont give two sh*ts what we think. When we stand up against them all they will do is ban us. Cigarman44 is right its just like communism(messed up).
    I decided to email AWA85 and ask him what happened. Out of respect for his privacy, I will only quote a portion of what he shared. Here goes:

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85
    Just found out I was banned for sending out email to people about Tim's Hall of Fame message board. Really stinks, I just looked up some emails of people that post a lot on GUU and thought people might want to check it out because it actually had a place for items to sell.
    I checked out the TOS, and it prohibits against spam. However, I did receive his email, and he in no way spammed the entire message board. Rather, he suggested that others could check out an alternate forum where people could sell items for free.

AWA85 reiterated that this ban is permanent. That's right - an upstanding member was banned from using this site because he sent out an email, not offensive in any way, suggesting to members where they could find a place to sell items for free.

I can only respond that the content of the email, not his writing several members, is the real reason why he was suspended.

I know this because I read all the emails, and AWA85 was not alone in his suggestion that we find a new forum that actually listens to its collectors and is not a for-profit enterprise.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408