Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

? Ebay ended my auction ?

Just listed a Mitchell and Ness Pete Rose 1980 replica phillies away jersey on ebay. Ebay ended it very quickly. MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item ( 226499896)

Can someone explain why this item was removed? I was unaware that I violated a trademark. Simply using the Mitchell & Ness name? I can attach pics later if it helps. I could not find a pete rose jersey on the M&N website, only a Mike Schmidt.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Re: ? Ebay ended my auction ?

here are the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

most likely a M&N knockoff

Didn't think of that. It's a darn good one if it is.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Did you use any M&N logos or icons in your description, besides the obvious one that's in the photo itself?

nope, just had M&N in the title and description. also mentioned that they have a Schmidt on their site for $250.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    Just listed a Mitchell and Ness Pete Rose 1980 replica phillies away jersey on ebay. Ebay ended it very quickly. MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item ( 226499896)

Can someone explain why this item was removed? I was unaware that I violated a trademark. Simply using the Mitchell & Ness name? I can attach pics later if it helps. I could not find a pete rose jersey on the M&N website, only a Mike Schmidt.
    I just had the same thing happen to me on eBay...I had either the title or subtitle with "Mitchell and Ness" in it and eBay cancelled the listing...not sure why when it was a 100% real M&N jersey!!! I re-listed the item without putting "Mitchell and Ness" in the title (used the exact same photos that clearly showed it was a REAL M&N jersey) and there were no problems. Try it that way and you be fine....Chris

I just posted it on my jersey message board ill let you know if it is legit.It looks fine to me though.You were selling it?? I personally do not understand ebay there are so many fake jerseys on there and they get reported but nothing happens.Im a Mets fan but that is an awesome jersey..

I may try it that way. I did search for Mitchell and Ness on ebay and came up with very little. If anyone feels this item is not legit please chime in as I will not offer it for sale without making sure the buyer knows what they are getting. I am not familiar with modern replica's/throwback jerseys.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    I just posted it on my jersey message board ill let you know if it is legit.It looks fine to me though.You were selling it?? I personally do not understand ebay there are so many fake jerseys on there and they get reported but nothing happens.Im a Mets fan but that is an awesome jersey..
    I started it at $9.99 with no reserve. I have to tell you it is one quality jersey in my opinion. Just lacking a nameplate with Rose on it.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !