Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The crying and complaining has got to end!

the amount of money that is made by guu from its members for their auction should make up for what ever cost could be attributed to the for sale section. they use this forum to give the authentic guarantee so essentially they are making money off of us. i imagine what ever cost which are associated with the forum are more than made up for by the knowledgeabl members of this board.

Hey crying and complaining is what people do. It make's the world go round (lol). If there wasn't any crying or complaining we wouldn't have anything to talk about. I guess we all should embrace change(like my boss say's)
    Thanks for hearing me cry & complain
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Before you rip on a majority of GUU members, I would suggest that you pick up a dictionary and learn how to spell. You are making yourself look quite ridiculous, or should I say, asinine.
    If you click on the Spelling tab found when posting messages, it downloads a program found at www.iespell.com and it then goes into your web browser so you can check spelling on any site.

I use it regularly and would recommend anyone who can't spell, like me, download this software.

Banned

Vintage Deputy:

I just read your post and I agree with you as well. There are times I start to make a post ripping on people who in my opinion are just making stupid remarks and then have to not submit it because I'll be banned, suspended whatever for speaking my mind. I think this site is a wealth of info and I loved your play on words as I knew what you were getting at. Basically in my opinion, the ones who complain about no for sale section are the liberals who want everything free in life and feel entitled to whatever they want because they are who they are. Like someone said, nothing in life is free.

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    Basically in my opinion, the ones who complain about no for sale section are the liberals who want everything free in life and feel entitled to whatever they want because they are who they are. Like someone said, nothing in life is free.
    So anyone who wants a free "for sale" site is a Leftist who wants something for nothing? Are you serious? So you are telling everybody who wants a free "For Sale" section is a Green party registered Sierra Club card-carrying commie? Come on. First of all, that is a straw man argument. Liberals don't want something for nothing; they just recognize that certain people cannot afford what others have the money to pay for. As I said via email, I only want to list one item one the "For Sale" section.

Why should I pay the same amount of money for that privilege as does Elite Sports Marketing? Yes - certain people deserve things for free because they are who they are. Like the mentally ill who are often forced to go out on the streets because insurance companies discriminate against them for not having a "physical" ailment. That's right, nothing in life is free, which is why we should support paying money to help people get health care. Likewise, if the For Sale section is going to cost something, dealers should pay far more than those of us who don't make any money because we do not have or cannot get a job.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Likewise, if the For Sale section is going to cost something, dealers should pay far more than those of us who don't make any money because we do not have or cannot get a job.
    That is just plain silly. Should someone who makes $100K a year pay more for a gallon of gas than someone making minimum wage? If you dont have, or cannot get a job, that is irrelavant to whatever listing fee may be charged for listing an item. Should we have listing fees based on income brackets?

As I said via email, I only want to list one item one the "For Sale" section.
    By the way, I'll be happy to lend you my dictionary when I'm finished correcting all of my spelling errors....looks like you need it too.

For those who are saying "If you don't like the way things are here , just move on", I have to tell you -- that's exactly what's going to happen. You've already heard several longtime members say exactly that. Do they WANT to move on? No, not really.... Which is why they are posting their opinions and concerns.

It's not easy for a website to stay at the top. There's always someone else willing to try their luck at building a bigger and better site, which ultimately takes slices of pie from the sites that already exist. I have seen this firsthand, as I moderate www.xmfan.com, the largest satellite radio forum on the web (I'm "commando" over there, too). We are pushing 60,000 registered members, and you'll find anywhere from 200 to 700 visitors with us at any given time. We are always thinking of ways to make the site more appealing, and feedback from registered members is the cornerstone of running a successful site.

Believe me, I understand what its like to sift through the endless bitching and moaning posts -- I really do. But hearing concerns that address the most popular feature of this site is a different story, in my humble opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    For those who are saying "If you don't like the way things are here , just move on", I have to tell you -- that's exactly what's going to happen. You've already heard several longtime members say exactly that. Do they WANT to move on? No, not really.... Which is why they are posting their opinions and concerns.

It's not easy for a website to stay at the top. There's always someone else willing to try their luck at building a bigger and better site, which ultimately takes slices of pie from the sites that already exist. I have seen this firsthand, as I moderate www.xmfan.com, the largest satellite radio forum on the web (I'm "commando" over there, too). We are pushing 60,000 registered members, and you'll find anywhere from 200 to 700 visitors with us at any given time. We are always thinking of ways to make the site more appealing, and feedback from registered members is the cornerstone of running a successful site.

Believe me, I understand what its like to sift through the endless bitching and moaning posts -- I really do. But hearing concerns that address the most popular feature of this site is a different story, in my humble opinion.

Commando - that was very intelligently stated, I appreciate your views. I also love my XM Radio, by the way.