Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The crying and complaining has got to end!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    By the way, I'll be happy to lend you my dictionary when I'm finished correcting all of my spelling errors....looks like you need it too.
    Mine was a typo. It's pretty obvious that I know the difference between "on" and "one". Any person with a normal comprehension of the English language understands that. However, you are botching multiple syllable words, like "memorabilia" and "asinine". Your spelling errors reflect your lack of knowledge about the spellings of the particular words; mine are merely typographical.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Commando - that was very intelligently stated, I appreciate your views. I also love my XM Radio, by the way.
    I appreciate your views as well... The last thing any of us wants to see here is a petty split between the members of this great forum. I'm personally not going anywhere and hope that everyone gives the admin here a chance to do what they feel is best for the site. It looks like several members are getting frustrated over the amount of time that has lapsed since the For Sale section was taken down, but I hope that we can give Eric and the crew a chance to address this issue before anyone jumps ship.

It doesn't benefit any one of us if our knowledge is split among five or six different sites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    So anyone who wants a free "for sale" site is a Leftist who wants something for nothing? Are you serious? So you are telling everybody who wants a free "For Sale" section is a Green party registered Sierra Club card-carrying commie? Come on. First of all, that is a straw man argument. Liberals don't want something for nothing; they just recognize that certain people cannot afford what others have the money to pay for. As I said via email, I only want to list one item one the "For Sale" section.

Why should I pay the same amount of money for that privilege as does Elite Sports Marketing? Yes - certain people deserve things for free because they are who they are. Like the mentally ill who are often forced to go out on the streets because insurance companies discriminate against them for not having a "physical" ailment. That's right, nothing in life is free, which is why we should support paying money to help people get health care. Likewise, if the For Sale section is going to cost something, dealers should pay far more than those of us who don't make any money because we do not have or cannot get a job.
    Frik
    Two questions. Do you have an acoustic guitar and are you a protest singer? Your post that I quoted could make an excellent folk song.
    I happen to be a closet subversive, radical. Seriously. My heroes are the ones who give the man the middle finger. I can't come out of the closet, because I have bills to pay. I am against war, but I am proud of the soldiers who fight for my right to burn the flag. I think you live in Texas, so please do your part, because that could become a crucial swing state.

Mine was a typo. It's pretty obvious that I know the difference between "on" and "one". Any person with a normal comprehension of the English language understands that. However, you are botching multiple syllable words, like "memorabilia" and "asinine". Your spelling errors reflect your lack of knowledge about the spellings of the particular words; mine are merely typographical.

Ohhh, so you really meant to say "....I only want to list one item on the "For Sale" section. Don't you think that the correct choice of words should be "...I only want to list one item in the "For Sale" section" ? I'm only asking since you seem to be the expert here.

While we're at it, "any person with a normal comprehension" of how a message board operates understands that the message is much more important than any spelling errors that may be committed in delivering that message. To attack a spelling mistake rather than offering an intelligent counter argument only shows how weak your argument really is.

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    I appreciate your views as well... The last thing any of us wants to see here is a petty split between the members of this great forum. I'm personally not going anywhere and hope that everyone gives the admin here a chance to do what they feel is best for the site. It looks like several members are getting frustrated over the amount of time that has lapsed since the For Sale section was taken down, but I hope that we can give Eric and the crew a chance to address this issue before anyone jumps ship.

It doesn't benefit any one of us if our knowledge is split among five or six different sites.

Again, well said. Kudos.

Smile Re: The crying and complaining has got to end!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Frik
    Two questions. Do you have an acoustic guitar and are you a protest singer? Your post that I quoted could make an excellent folk song.
    I happen to be a closet subversive, radical. Seriously. My heroes are the ones who give the man the middle finger. I can't come out of the closet, because I have bills to pay. I am against war, but I am proud of the soldiers who fight for my right to burn the flag. I think you live in Texas, so please do your part, because that could become a crucial swing state.
    You must be messing with me. No - I don't take to the guitar, and I have no voice for singing. Rather, I think the best method of protest is to promote freedom of speech and thought, in the form of educating people on various issues.

Contrary to the Bush administration, I believe in allowing those with opposite views to go into press conferences and not forcing people to ask me softball questions. I find that hosting a speaker's series and donating to book drives (i.e., books to prisoners) go a long way toward accomplishing these goals.

Likewise, my commitment to freedom of speech is the reason why I am so mad about AWA85's banning. Adam was only promoting an alternate view, and that is the true reason for his being removed from this site. That is simply disgusting, and I believe that the administrators' silence on the issue speaks volumes.

Finally, I have never - thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster - lived in Texas and don't plan on it in the near or distant future. I visited last year for the Bagwell jersey retirement, and people's sole concern seemed to be law and order, not kindness and leniency. Luckily, I have resided in Washington State, Oregon, and Massachusetts - three proudly blue states. I shall one day move back to Boston, where gay people are actually treated as human beings.

Is there some reason why this board is so predominantly Republican?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

i promise i will take back everything bad that i ever said if this thread would go away. the reason why it seems this board is conservative is due to the fact we work hard for our money and dont want it to go to freeloaders through universal healthcare. one key component of the blue states is the use of govt money to spread equality. why should i give my money to a freeloader when i can buy another g/u bat or jersey. lol.

Thumbs up Re: The crying and complaining has got to end!

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    i promise i will take back everything bad that i ever said if this thread would go away. the reason why it seems this board is conservative is due to the fact we work hard for our money and dont want it to go to freeloaders through universal healthcare. one key component of the blue states is the use of govt money to spread equality. why should i give my money to a freeloader when i can buy another g/u bat or jersey. lol.
    The people that need universal healthcare are not freeloaders; many are discriminated by insurance companies. Let's take for example the mentally ill. Many insurance companies will not cover mental illnesses as physical illnesses. Drugs treating psychiatric illnesses are extremely expensive, and many of the sufferers are unable to work a full-time job. What should happen to these people? They are hardly freeloaders.

Should the mentally ill just rot away on the streets, with hallucinations and delusions, while the unenlightened laugh at their "eccentric behavior"? Luckily, Democrats have wisened up and are forcing insurance companies to cover mental illnesses as physical illnesses. This is the case in Washington State, where governor Chris Gregoire signed a mental health parity bill into law a couple of years ago. If only other states would take our lead.

And to the bolded statement, that is simply disgusting. I guess you have never been in the position of having to take in a person who would otherwise have to go into a homeless shelter. Do you know that for the price of a game used jersey you could probably pay for a poor person's rent for an entire year? The people who don't work aren't lazy. Rather, they have different life's circumstances than you do. If the government doesn't exist to spread equality, then what ought it to do?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

Is there some reason why this board is so predominantly Republican?
    I make it clear where I stand.

Frik why are you always trying to get into something on here?

This site is for the discussion of Game Used Memorabilia

Nothing More, Nothing Less

I like Adam and have communicated with him via email dozens of times over the past few months but I don't feel anyone on here, including you, has the right to question any decision made by a moderator when it comes to there rules and the running of there site.

I would think a newer member such as yourself would want to stay behind the scenes for a while as opposed to confronting the adminstration team like you have.

And please don't try twist this post into something it isn't like you have done with other posts in this thread.

What is written is what is meant.
    Nothing More, Nothing Less

Thank You and Im Out

PS.

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com