Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The crying and complaining has got to end!

For 2 days now, all I've seen here is crying and whining about this and that. Why did this person get banned, when is the "for sale" forum coming back, blah blah blah.

For people who dont pay a damn dime to partake in all of this wonderful information that is exchanged here on a daily basis, there sure seems to be some folks who feel that they are entitled to some say in how its run.

I enjoy the benefit of all this free information and I dont piss and moan every other day about things here. I have stuff that I'd love to sell too. When and if the forum comes back, it comes back. If it never comes back, so be it. If they want to charge ebay style fees to use the site, so be it. It costs money to run a website. I know this first hand. I have a forum on my business site and if I make the decision to boot someone, its my decision. If you dont want to pay the fees, start your own website and stick to your "everything is free" platform and see how long that lasts. The comments I've read here lately blasting the owners of this site and calling them greedy and everything else is assinine. I have read things from folks on this site that I would never have known about game used memoribilia. The knowledge that is here is amazing. People should be happy for anything that they have gotten here for free in the past. Be grateful for what you have already been given and stop looking for someone to spoon feed you on their dime for the rest of your lives

If you dont agree with me, fine. Dont bother posting some long winded reply to try to bait me into an argument because I wont respond. I said my peace.

Re: The crying and complaining has got to end!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    The comments I've read here lately blasting the owners of this site and calling them greedy and everything else is assinine.
    Before you rip on a majority of GUU members, I would suggest that you pick up a dictionary and learn how to spell. You are making yourself look quite ridiculous, or should I say, asinine.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I have a boxing forum on my STL boxing website that is absolutely free, and though it is a niche site, I have a good amount of viewership in St. Louis. Forums depend on people with knowledge to post good information.

I LOVE this site, and have met plenty of good people here. However, I am not a yes man in real life, and will not be one here either...that defeats the purpose of this site.

Nodding yes to everything is Lampsonizing GUU - and I'm sure that is not what the creators of this site envisioned.

A good message was sent by some members in good standing who were concerned with a harsh term - BANNING.

I would suggest you guys (Chris, Eric, Rob) revise the wording of the discipline to suspended. Might make this kind of thing easier next time.

Not sure if this is categorized as crying and complaining.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Arrow Re: The crying and complaining has got to end!

For 2 days now, all I've seen here is crying and whining about this and that. Why did this person get banned, when is the "for sale" forum coming back, blah blah blah.

For people who dont pay a damn dime to partake in all of this wonderful information that is exchanged here on a daily basis, there sure seems to be some folks who feel that they are entitled to some say in how its run.

I enjoy the benefit of all this free information and I dont piss and moan every other day about things here [sic]. I have stuff that I'd love to sell too. When and if the forum comes back, it comes back. If it never comes back, so be it. If they want to charge ebay style fees to use the site, so be it. It costs money to run a website. I know this first hand. I have a forum on my business site and if I make the decision to boot someone, its my decision. If you dont want to pay the fees, start your own website and stick to your "everything is free" platform and see how long that lasts. The comments I've read here lately blasting the owners of this site and calling them greedy and everything else is assinine. I have read things from folks on this site that I would never have known about game used memoribilia. The knowledge that is here is amazing. People should be happy for anything that they have gotten here for free in the past. Be grateful for what you have already been given and stop looking for someone to spoon feed you on their dime for the rest of your lives

If you dont agree with me, fine. Dont bother posting some long winded reply to try to bait me into an argument because I wont respond. I said my peace.
    So let me understand this: everyone else can't cry and complain, except for you?

The members are entitled to suggest how this site should be run. After all, we are the primary reason why this site is successful. I don't care what kind of business you run. Any elementary understanding of ethics would tell you that just because Chris can do what ever he wants, it doesn't mean that he ought to trample over the will of forum members. I am getting sick and tired of people on this forum saying that because they run x business that that means that they can do whatever they want. No they can't. Businesses are not impervious to ethics and common sense. That's why the government can regulate business, has regulated business, and ought to continue to do as such. You can respond if you want; honestly, I don't care. But to attack those of us who want AWA85 back is simply disgusting.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Before you rip on a majority of GUU members, I would suggest that you pick up a dictionary and learn how to spell. You are making yourself look quite ridiculous, or should I say, asinine.
    Frik
    I think your in for reel trouble, if you ateempt to be the grammer police. In my humbel opinin, Vintage Debuty was calling most of the bleeding hearts club, "asses", hence the misspelling of asinine.
    Your a passionate dude with a lot of passion about the evils of this world. That's cool. Theirs alot more to complain about than simple spelling eras.

Why is a piece loving dude like yourself trying to start a fight with Vintage Debuty?

Talking Re: The crying and complaining has got to end!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Frik
    I think your in for reel trouble, if you ateempt to be the grammer police. In my humbel opinin, Vintage Debuty was calling most of the bleeding hearts club, "asses", hence the misspelling of asinine.
    Your a passionate dude with a lot of passion about the evils of this world. That's cool. Theirs alot more to complain about than simple spelling eras.

Why is a piece loving dude like yourself trying to start a fight with Vintage Debuty?
    Thanks for the humor. I just have an issue with poor grammar. You should see my face as I read what you just wrote.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

I enjoy the benefit of all this free information and I dont piss and moan every other day about things here. I have stuff that I'd love to sell too. When and if the forum comes back, it comes back. If it never comes back, so be it. If they want to charge ebay style fees to use the site, so be it. It costs money to run a website. I know this first hand. I have a forum on my business site and if I make the decision to boot someone, its my decision. If you dont want to pay the fees, start your own website and stick to your "everything is free" platform and see how long that lasts. The comments I've read here lately blasting the owners of this site and calling them greedy and everything else is assinine. I have read things from folks on this site that I would never have known about game used memoribilia. The knowledge that is here is amazing. People should be happy for anything that they have gotten here for free in the past. Be grateful for what you have already been given and stop looking for someone to spoon feed you on their dime for the rest of your lives

Vintage could not have put it better. I have made many a friend here and have learned alot, assisted others. There is nothing in life that is free. It costs money to run this site. The owners can and shall do whatever they like, it is their priviledge.

BTPH - you are quite astute in your observation. I'm glad that someone caught that......and thanks for the laugh. I dont think that I could have misspelled that many words on purpose if I tried. You are very creative!

Does that mean you're not going to cry and whine about Lou Lampson
    anymore? Also do you by any chance know when the "For Sale" forum is coming back? Thanks, I hope this wasn't too long winded for you.

P.S. You spelled memorabilia incorrectly also.

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Vintage could not have put it better. I have made many a friend here and have learned alot, assisted others. There is nothing in life that is free. It costs money to run this site. The owners can and shall do whatever they like, it is their priviledge.

Thank you Sky King. I hoped that someone would agree with me. This site is much more fun without all of the name calling accusations against the site owners. If you dont like the way something is handled here, leave.