Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Buying at maximum bid

Hi,

I was just curious if others had run into this situation which is, for every item I have ever purchased at an auction [with the one exception being the GUU auction], the item I have won has been driven up to my max bid.

I understand that basic free trade could be the reason, but to not once come in under my max bid seems strange. Curious if others have run into this at the various auction houses [or been able to purchase an item under their max]?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Buying at maximum bid

Tom,

I havent had that happen to me personally but I think it was discussed here by others before. Is there any evidence of shill bidding going on in the auctions that you bid on?

Jim

I have only bought 3 items through auction houses 1 from GUU 1 American Memorabilia & 3 Historic Auctions and have never had that happen. All have come in under my max. I have lost many auctions, but that's the name of the game.

Happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME I've won anything from American Memorabilia's auctions.
    Guaranteed, if I win something from them it will be at my max bid everytime. Never fails.

Sometimes it seems like something funny is going on at auction houses. I usually make sure I'm at my computer when an auction goes into the extended bidding. Then from there I just take it one bid at a time.

I never put in a max bid till the very end of an auction....

Maybe that will help???
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

Well I placed a bid on the American Memorabilia auction lot about a week ago and it end it yesterday. The auction ended way below my MAX bid. But it could be for many different reasons. I wonder if it didnt go up because of the economy or the FBI . Alot of items in the American Memorabilia auction ended real low. Some items would of done better on EBAY